Chapter 41 Album Release Party

Did I really just say "oui"? Somebody remove me from this planet. My cringe levels are way too high.

It was weird to think that Martin and I were official. It feels wrong in a way.
I brushed off the negative feeling and had breakfast with try hard Mr. Garrix. The effort he put into all of this was impressive.

After breakfast, we walked around Paris and then we had to get back home before the album release party.

As soon as we got back, everyone was giving us death glares.

"Paris, really Martijn? Paris? I mean it's her night and you could've ruined it for her if you hadn't brought her back in time" said Daan in a panicked manner.

"Chillax dude, she's here on time and in one piece isn't she?" replied Martijn with an eye roll.

"We'll talk about this later" said Robbert

"Okay Jess since Rafa is at college, are you going to survive doing your own hair and makeup or should I call in a stylist?"

"Daaaaddd, really? I'm not that hopeless. I'll be fine"

"Okay guys, we've got four hours till the party starts, and the venue is an hour away so I expect everyone to be ready in three hours, capiche?" Yelled my dad

"Capiche" yelled everyone back

Everyone split up and I ran upstairs to get dressed and do my hair and makeup.

"Okay Jessica, you can do this, you've done it before, tonight is just a party. Your album release party" I said to my reflection in the mirror

"Oh who am I kidding, I need Rafa" I whined

"Wow Jess, I've never seen this side of you. The psycho side I mean. Talking to yourself huh?"

I almost jumped in my sit

"Martin holy Christ, get out of here."

"Oh come on, you really can't do your own hair and makeup?"

"No, but I can certainly try."

Martin walked over, bent down to my chair, grabbed me by the shoulders and with the girlies voice ever, he said;

"Jessica Anderson, you have an album release party in 3 hours. People are going to be coming from all over to celebrate you, I cancelled my show to celebrate you, so you better get your shit together girl or I swear to god you won't live to see another day honey, now chop chop, let's do this"

I erupted into a fit of laughter

"You almost sound like Rafa, maybe even an exaggerated version of her"

"Glad I could help. Now seriously, get to work"

And with that he left the room, leaving me to ponder on the fact that I didn't know what half of these makeup supplies were.

After an hour and 45 minutes of complete struggle, I was finished. Of course, a FaceTime call with Rafa helped.

I looked in the mirror and had to say, I did a pretty good job and I looked good.

I went downstairs and everyone's jaws dropped to the ground.

"Oh sweet baby Jesus"