"And how did you get through the hard times, Buddy?" I asked, watching my son wipe his mouth with a napkin. Both of my children were wise, but the oldest was probably the most. I swear, that kid was born eighteen.

"I don't know. Usually, I didn't." Joey said, shrugging his shoulders like it was nothing. My face fell. Hearing those words broke my heart. I rubbed his arm and reassured him. He said, "Sometimes I did. I don't know, it's confusing! Why? Somethin' bothering you?"

"Bothering? Not so much. Just confused, kiddo." I answered, messing his hair about all over again. I loved doing that to to him. As a kid, people would always mess my hair up and I enjoyed doing the same to my son. I said, "Just have fun, alright? Don't worry about me."

"How can I not worry about you, Daddy?" Joey asked, his voice quiet and soft.

"I am so lucky to have a son like you. Never change, Buddy." I smiled down at him. "But seriously, don't worry about me. Daddy's just fine, alright? How about you go and play? I'll eat my food in a bit."

"If you promise you're okay," Joey said.

"I.. promise."

"I love you, Daddy. You're the bestest Daddy in the whole wide world!" Joey told me, and I could only smile.

"You're the bestest son in the whole wide world!" I replied, using the adorable word he had made up in my own sentence.

"Hello? I am here too, guys." Bella said, blowing a small strand of hair off her forehead with her arms crossed.

"Love you too, Bellaboo." Joey said, giving her a small hug. I smiled. It's always such a great feeling to see your children get along nicely. I never thought they'd be saying those two words to each other, not now at least.

"Go on and play, guys. How about that? Your food is finished anyway. Good job on cleaning up your whole plate this time," I said, impressed that everything had been eaten.

"Thanks, Daddy." Bella smiled. "Lacey loved the food."

"Wait, what? Bella, I swear if you fed her that food." I warned. She just giggled and continued to give me mischievous looks. My eyes grew wide. I lowered my voice and said, "Arabella Marie Styles, if you fed your food - that I spent ages cooking to your dog - Then-"

"Daddy, I'm kidding!" Bella interrupted, laughing.

"Alright, alright. How about you go and play?" I asked.

"Do you really think that all we ever do is play?" Joey asked.

"Well, I know you don't play." I said, laughing. "You've probably got a book to read or something to collect."

"Yeah, cause he's a nerd." Bella teased.

"If I'm a nerd, I'm smart. I don't see how that's an insult," Joey said.

"I didn't understand anything you said because you're a nerd," Bella said.

Oh, Saturday mornings. One second they're saving they love each other, the next they're bickering like two birds. My two kids, they're very different. Joey's more mature, I know that when he's older, he's going to be doing magnificent things. Bella's more adventurous and cheeky, she's absolutely wild. She'll do magnificent things too, I'm sure. I am not going to lie though, but I hope she finds a talent soon.

"Maybe it's just because you're dumb," Joey said.

"Enough, enough." I stopped. "Both of you, stop arguing. Or else, you know what will happen."

"What?" Joey asked.

"You know what." I smirked.

"I forgot," He replied.