Chapter Thirty Five

Chapter Thirty Five
Ollyum, Crashing Waves District

Jacob ran his hands through his green hair in frustration; this was the second month he'd been observing the small building that Arthur Brentwood worked in. Frowning down at the purple tinted hand he'd given his illusion he winced in disgust at his choice of identities. He didn't want to stand out in the area but may have went a little overboard on his disguise. He'd yet to even be able to speak to the man outside saying hello; he was always with a Mizu male that could feel when someone was trying to do a mind probe. His first attempt had been blamed on a young Ah'Tarian and had ended with him in the medical facility for three days.

Sighing dejectedly at the weeks he'd wasted he walked toward the back and inhaled the pungent fumes from the kitchen. Looking around to make sure no one was around he raised a hand to summon his hand held; pressing a few buttons he waited for it to connect to Anthony.

"I see you are in your -," Anthony eyes laughed even though his expression was blank, "disguise."

Jacob rolled his purple eyes at Anthony's attempt at a joke, "Well I could have let you do it and I could be sitting in a posh office pretending to work."

Anthony expression didn't change as he stared at Jacob's alter persona, "Since you rang me I'm assuming you've tired of the plan you, Lucas and Kaelen devised."

Jacob grumbled as he remembered telling Anthony the plan and Anthony saying it wouldn't work because Arthur and his family kept to themselves, "Yes I have." Looking around the deserted kitchen he looked back at the screen, "Whatever he's doing in there must be important but he obviously needs something from the school because every day he goes there to pick up his daughter."

Anthony nodded, "Yes. It's been reported that her professor had to place her on limited and supervised arena training because she was caught there several times without permission."

Jacob nodded, "Why don't we give him what he wants." At Anthony's blank look and questioning gaze he smirked, "Access to the academy."

Anthony nodded slowly remembering that he'd suggested a plan like this to him, "There is a position open."

Jacob smiled, "There are two part time positions and one full time position."

Anthony again nodded, "The part time position in the fine arts department as a first year advisor would be good for his background."

Jacob scratched his neck, the purple he'd turned his skin to made it feel like it was crawling and just irritated him, "That sounds fine. I will have Saia send over a cover for me." At the amused glint in his eyes he continued angrily, "Not this purple persona. Place the cover as the new full time staff member in the combat department."

Anthony nodded and his lips jumped upward, "I love the green hair thought, it brings out the purple of the skin."

Jacob gave him a deadpan expression while still scratching his skin, "I'll turn you purple permanently if you don't shut up."

Anthony's lips turned up more, "Stop scratching. It's an illusion."

Jacob frowned snapping, "I know that." Scratching his neck he glared, "While I'm speaking to you; can you please explain why Mekhi isn't in school and spend every waking moment with Ebony."

Anthony looked confused before quickly covering it up, "He's with his new nanny, Matt Vangelis."

Jacob sighed, "Never mind. I wish you'd reign that boy in."

Anthony nodded, deep in thought, "He's far better than he was, Ebony is a great influence."

Jacob face turned expressionless again as he disconnected. Grateful that he could stop with this farce he decided it was time to see what Ebony was up to with that little boy she seemed so attached to. Leaving out the back door he stepped to her location.