Chapter Thirty-One - 'The Sweetest Bloody Angel They've Ever Met'

Start from the beginning

Elizabeth cracked a small smile at this, but it disappeared just as quickly as it had come. "Good. And I'd appreciate it if you tried to avoid my mother if you could after you greet her."

"Why? Scared I'll embarrass you?"

She rolled her eyes, but her expression softened a little as her attention seemed to shift elsewhere, "Just don't."

I pick up the cue to change the subject, I wasn't all that interested in her problems anyway. "Can I at least bring a friend or something?" I asked.

"Fine. But they've got to be on their best behaviour too, tell them to wear something nice."

"Nice? Like, fancy nice?" I cringed, "Like, dad's business party type fancy?"

She ignored my tone, "Yes. And you own a dress don't you? I will absolutely ruin you if you show up in jeans."

"Ruin me?" I repeated, raising an eyebrow. "I can't wait."

Elizabeth rolled her eyes, then studied me for a second, pursing her thin lips, "What'd you do at the cemetery last night?" She asked.

"Grave robbing with Tyler." I said casually.

She scowled, "You're impossible."

I grinned, "Thanks."

Elizabeth shortly left after a uncomfortable moment of just staring at me again. It was questionable, but I was too tired to care about what scheme she could possibly be brewing. Why the hell does there need to be a party here after they've just went to one last night? Not only that, but my dad and Elizabeth are always off in their own little world, only aware of each other- so the two of them aren't really family people either, and now she's saying hers will be there? I suppose I was a little curious about what Elizabeth's relatives were like, but I also knew I'd be better off dreading it.

I proceeded to take a shower, washing away the crazy events that took place last night. When I came back all changed into my uniform, I caught my phone as a call from Ash ended. I narrowed my eyes as I saw that there had been three miss calls from him whilst I had been in the shower.

Just as I wondered what he could be calling for, I quickly remembered Ash is also apart of one of the crazy things that took place last night. I felt a little nauseous as I recalled the pungent smell of alcohol he'd transferred onto me.

The phone in my hand begins to vibrate again and I hesitate to answer, only to see that Ash isn't calling me this time, Reece is. I answer it. "Hey Reece! It's weird of you to call me, what's up?"

"You left your mask." Was his ever so charming greeting.

"Mask?"

"From the party."

"Oh!" I laughed, "You could've texted me, you didn't have to call for that."

"Don't feel so flattered, Ashton asked me to call you anyway." Reece said, amused.

"What for?" I grimaced.

"He said you weren't picking up his calls. I figured I wasn't an exception but here we are."

"Ah...ha..."

He chuckled.

"Don't feel so flattered." I mimicked him, feeling my cheeks redden. "I just happened to hear it this time around."