Chapter Thirty-One - 'The Sweetest Bloody Angel They've Ever Met'

[ A/N: The Halloween arc is officially over! I hope you enjoyed it because I had the best time writing it ;) Anyway, enjoy this chapter and leave a comment & vote! ]

-

For the rest of the night, well, morning- I sat in my bed reading with my lamp on until the sun came up. I had hoped in the midst of reading I'd get tired enough to fall asleep but my body seemed to forget sleep was something I needed and refused my silent protest- so I guess I've just pulled an all nighter.

Just as I finish the book I'd started hours ago, my bedroom door flings open and in comes Elizabeth. I glared at her rude entry, "Do you never knock?" I muttered, getting up. I look down at my clothes to realise I'm still wearing what I had on for the party as well as the sweater Reece has given me to wear over it. If it weren't for that, Elizabeth would probably be able to sniff out the smell of alcohol I had on my costume underneath. "What do you want?" I yawned.

She narrowed her beady eyes and placed her manicured talon like hands on her hips as she took in my appearance, "You're a mess."

I scowled, patting down my disarrayed bangs that were beginning to need a trim. "Again, what do you want? If you're here just to-"

"Your father and I are hosting a party in a few days." She said as a matter of fact. I stared at her, bewildered and unsure what she wants me to do with that information. Is she inviting me or telling me ahead of time to piss off on the day of the sudden party?

"So?" I retorted, getting up to outstretch my arms, I hear my joints crack in a few different places and I cringe at the sound.

"So." Elizabeth began icily, "You're required to come, brat."

I met her steely gaze with my own, "What's the occasion? How are you both not sick of parties?" I asked incredulously.

"Don't question it!" She snapped, already losing her cool. Although to be fair, she never had it in the first place. "Just clear your ever so busy schedule."

I sighed, "As a matter of fact, I'll probably have a shift. Just tell everyone I couldn't make it. There's your valid excuse to not have me there, aren't you thrilled?"

"That won't work. They'd want to meet you." Elizabeth said without meeting my eyes, looking very uncomfortable. "My relatives, they'll be there." 

"Didn't they see me at the wedding?" I muttered, grabbing my work uniform to prepare for a shower.

Elizabeth scoffed, "I hardly saw you, so I doubt anyone else did. You practically went into hiding the whole time."

I sighed- I couldn't really deny that, "Fine. I'll show my face and say hi, but that's it."

She shook her head, irritated, but weirdly enough her annoyance doesn't seem to be directed at me anymore. "That won't work either, believe it or not they're as strict on appearances as that grandmother of yours. It'll be hard for you, but you're going to have to look and be an angel- put some makeup on or do something with your sad looking hair, you always look like you've just rolled out of bed."

I exaggerated a sweet smile and batted my eyelashes, "I'll be the sweetest bloody angel they've ever met. You'll owe me big time."