Chapter 5: Interview

Start from the beginning

"What are you doing?" I whisper-asked.

He chuckled humorlessly and clicked his tongue. "Don't flatter yourself, sweetheart. We're almost there. Act like we're in love."

That said, he came to stop and his whole demeanor changed. He let go off my hand and got out the car, coming to my side. He opened the door for me and held out his hand, giving me a warning look.

I gulped and took a deep breath before taking his hand and letting him help me out the car. As soon as I was out, I heard the shuttering of cameras and the white light blinded me.

Christian had wrapped an arm around my waist and we were now walking up the red carpet. Yup, red carpet. The photographers kept taking pictures and all of which I had on a fake as hell smile.

But of course, no one would notice because, I'm just that good at acting. Thank you, drama class! Questions kept coming our way but he ignored them and kept putting the slightest pressure on my side, ushering me to walk faster.

•~~~~~•💍•~~~~~•

"We're on in 5...4...3...2..." the stage manager said. The cameras started to roll and then Barry Zimmerman began his favorite phrase.

"Hey, hey, hey.... it's your man Barry Zimmerman. And this is..."

"Flash News!" The crowd shouted and started to cheer. I sighed and put on a tight lipped smile, while Christian squeezed my hand. If anyone saw, they'd think it was a loving gesture but I know it was a warning one.

"Tonight, we have a very special guest with us..... Christian Humphrey and his beautiful escort, Chloe Santiago." Again, the crowd cheered.

Barry turned to us with a smile, "So Mister Humphrey, care to explain why you brought such a lovely lady with you tonight?"

I looked up at Christian who smirked down at me and for some ridiculous reason, I blushed and looked down.

"I have very important news to share." I heard him say. I glanced up to see he was still looking at me. "Chloe is my fiancé."

Barry and the entire studio went silent and then. "That's great news! Here that girls.. Mr Humphrey is officially off the bachelor charts!"

They asked questions and I answered as instructed. Christian even smiled but it looked uncomfortable.

After the interview, we left, the same way we came. And it was no different from when we arrived; cameras reporters and the questions.

This time though, Christian had stopped and we acted like the perfect couple in love while he answered some questions.

•~~~~~•💍•~~~~~•

"You did a great job." Christian complemented to which I only nodded. It was silent for a while and then my phone rang. I looked down to see a picture of my cousin, Manolo pop up on my screen.

It was when I visited last summer. His black hair was messed up and his glass green eyes like mine were tired as he had smiled for the picture. Glass green eyes run in my family. Well, on my mother's side.

I quickly answered, "Manolo?"

"Prima(cousin)! I just saw you on TV." was the first thing he said, his thick Spanish accent on display. It always comes out when he's angry.

"Yeah and?"

"Is Christian there?" I furrowed my brows. He just called Christian by his first name. Does he know him?

"Yeah, he's here." I glanced across to see him looking at me intently.

"Let me talk to that bastard!" he snapped, his accent thicker. Crap! He's really mad.