🔸Lukesse🔸

Lukas is a jerk.
Heartbroken Jesse.
*triggered*

Enjoy! :)

☆☆☆☆☆
"It's raining cats and dogs." Lukas mentioned as he peeked out the window.

Jesse was just sitting on the couch with her knees up and against her chest.
With a worried look, Lukas sits next to her.

He sighs and tries to glance over at Jesse. As he slowly turns his head, he realizes Jesse staring at him seriously.

Once he finds out her eyes were looking beyond him, he turns around to see a single candle lit.

Jesse suddenly gets up and walks over to light up more candles.

"Good idea," Lukas says following her. "In case the lights go out, we can have the candle lights as support."

Jesse just nods.
Lukas wafted a purple candle.
"Smells like lavender." He smiles.

Jesse blushes a little and chuckles nervously. She remembers him complement her perfume that time at prom.

"I also wanted to um..say t-that-" Lukas is cut off by darkness.

Their faces are lit up at an angle because of the candles. Jesse backs away and bumps into Lukas, but quickly recovers and picks up a candle.

There is dead silence.
Afraid, Jesse breathes in and closes her eyes, "Lukas?" She whispers.
She opens her eyes a little in hopes to find Lukas in front of her.

"Lukas?" Her voice a bit shaky this time.
Instead of waiting she just uses the candle to light her way to the couch.

She feels the couch with her hand to make sure there's nothing that can hurt her.
Instead, she feels a human knee.
The hairs on the back of her neck jump and she gets attacked by goosebumps. Jesse yelps and flinched back but her wrist is grabbed by a hand.

"Relax. It's just me." The soothing voice says.
Relief washes over Jesse as she sits down next to Lukas.

"Are you deaf or something? I kept calling your name." She says.

Even though she only had the tiny candle set in front of her and isn't able to see Lukas, she can feel his worried stare on her.

"I didn't know you were calling me." He answered.
"Of course you didn't." She sighs.
"What do you mean by that?" He sits up.
"Forget it." Jesse turns away.

The flash of the lightning through the window causes Jesse to sink back into the couch pillow.

Lukas tries to relax into the couch but can't help to think what Jesse meant. He would glance at her every once and a while. There was silence except for the occasional thunder outside.

Lukas finally gets the courage to speak, "Remember that time I found you crying and rubbing your arm after school?"

Jesse finally turns her head to look at Lukas. When she does she stares at him without knowing.

I remember. Those kids had punched me because I beat them at soccer.
They were so angry, they followed me and dragged me somewhere no one would hear what's going on.

Lukas stared back and after a few seconds looks at his fists, "I went after them...and," he laughs. "Made them apologize."

Jesse smiles, "You were the only one that cared. Thank you."
He blushes and quickly says, "It was nothing! Anyone could've done that right?"
"You were able to care for the wound. It was not only a punch, but various." Jess frowns.
"I was worried Jesse. If I hadn't come in time, who knows what else they could've done to you." Lukas sighs.

Jesse laughs and places a hand on Lukas' own. "That's what made me fall for you."
Lukas flinches back and gets up from the couch. Jesse does the same.

"I wasn't expecting this reaction." She says.
Lukas rubs the back of his neck and chuckles nervously, "I...feel the exact...same, but-!"

Jesse waits for him to finish after he takes a few steps forward. "I was afraid that might've ruined our friendship."

The rain outside gets harder.

"Why would you think that?" Jesse reaches for his hand but he steps back.
"I change my mind, i don't feel the exact same....let's just stay as friends." Lukas looks to the side.

Jesse's widen for a few seconds then she lets her arm fall to her side and she looks at the ground.

I felt goosebumps and my lips start to quiver.
I successfully hold back my tears hoping that being just friends can actually be better.
He probably isn't ready for a relationship. I probably am too.

Lukas looks out the window and notices the rain calm down.
He grabs his jacket and umbrella. With his back turned to Jesse he says, "I like someone else..." With that he runs out the door and closes it behind him.

Jesse stands still, hair in her face, eyes wide.
Her eyes start to form tears and she sits on the floor on her knees.
As she sobs, her thoughts run.

I bet the person he likes is very pretty.
They are very lucky.
Being just friends is alright. No harm in that right?

☆☆☆☆
No words