▫️No Ship▫️

Do you guys want me to do a yandere next??

☆☆☆☆☆

Jesse's POV

Being able to be assigned as night watch is exciting! I just have to stand guard with my sister. With our swords ready and armor on. It's easy. We're both really good fighters and plus, the others have done it as well. They said it was easy.

I just feel like the night can be a part of me. It just makes me feel more alive. The fresh air and the crickets noises. The floating fireflies and-

"You look too happy Jesse! I'm terrified." She frowns. "What if there's a thief and he's too powerful for us and-!"

"You're overreacting! We've faced worse things than that. Besides, what's the worst that can happen?" I grin.

It looked like she just ignored me because Jess squinted and leaned to my right. Her eyes widened. This time I knew something was obviously wrong. I turned around to see what she was worried about and there...in front of the café shop door, was a figure stooped down.

It had a cloak on and their back was to us. It looked like it was picking the lock. Jess immediately grabbed my hand and forced me to run in her direction. Which was towards the figure. "I thought you were scared." I mentioned.

"Oh. I'm terrified! But it's our job to stop things like this." She replied.

I guess the figure heard us, since it stood up and stared back at us. The face was shadowed by the cloak, making it hard to see. We stood a few feet a away.

Jess took out her sword and pointed it towards the hooded person.
"Stop in the name of-!" The person just took off. "Aaaand, he's gone."

"You run after him. I'll cut him off on the other side! Go!" I ran into an alley, just before I left I heard her say, "Don't die!"

Be careful.

> With Jess <

I followed Jesse's orders and ran after the shadow. I eventually caught up, but I saw something glisten from its side.

Sword!

It swung towards my neck, but I stopped it with my weapon. Hadn't I noticed in time, my head would be rolling away.

The person was strong. For me it wasn't equal, I had to push my sword against him upwards while him downwards.

I let his sword hit the wall as I slipped by to the side. I kicked his back sending him stumbling foward. He turned around and dashed towards me.

So I just kicked his stomach. At that time I felt myself go a little foward. My foot had hit air.

He was expecting that!

Time slowed. He turned me around and pinned my wrists to the wall. Forcing me to drop my weapon. He then proceeded to glide his sword across my neck. Not the sharp edge. The flat surface.

I held my chin high. I gulped.
Is this it? Am I really going to die?

Just before I tried to attack, I caught a glimpse of blue eyes.

> With Jesse <

According to plan, I had to make a dead end for the shadow on the opposite end of the alley.

But instead of turning the corner, the figure came to me. The breeze came from above as it landed in front of me.

With sword equipped, we both stood a few feet away from each other.

At the same time, we sprinted towards the center and clashed swords. We kept swinging until we got tired and jumped back.

I felt warm liquid run down my arm. Blood. Even still, I ran towards the figure, jumped and was ready to slice. It was expecting that so instead I just kicked its head. I felt a little bad.

So the figure recovered quickly and hit the sword out of my hand. It hit me twice but as I tried to run towards my sword, a foot collided with my stomach.

I lost air and fell back a few feet. My ribs were burning as I tried to sit up. It was futile. The shadow came and laid a foot on my chest. Its sword was above my head. I ran out of energy and now ideas. I couldn't focus.

This is it...

As I was about to attack one last time, the figure had let a loose strand of red hair fall.

☆☆☆☆

I have no words.