🔸Lukesse🔸

☆☆☆☆☆

Jesse's POV

Lukas had invited me to eat dinner with him. Even though I felt lazy, he encouraged me to come. We drove for about 30 minutes, when we reached our destination.

A restaurant in the city, with it's illuminated lights of cars, traffic lights, building lights, and stadiums.

We ate and talked, but Lukas seemed really nervous. He kept "dropping" his napkin. Although I don't think it takes more than 5 seconds to pick it up.

I kept hearing him mumble words beneath his breathe.
What's wrong Lukas? I wondered.

Well whatever it is, I can talk to him later. Right now... I need to pee!

I pushed my chair back and stood up when I felt a hand grab my wrist.
He probably thinks I'm leaving.

"Lukas...?" I smile weakly.
"Don't leave! I was going to uh-umm..." His eyes wandered.
"Relax. I'm just going to the bathroom."
"Oh."

He released his grip on my wrist. I pushed the chair in and walked to the restroom, on the way receiving glances from strangers.

Why is it that everytime I get up or do something in public, people always have to be staring.

It was empty inside so I had a variety of restroom stalls. Even though they're all the same, I went to the one all the way at the end.

...

I got out of the stall and made my way towards the sinks. They were waist height and were a beautiful marble color. It was between peach and burgandy. The soap dispenser was silver.

What really made me gasp in awe was the soap!
It was a glittery, glowing blue color.
Now, I'm not fond of glittery stuff, but this was something I needed to touch.
It was the foam type.
Once on my hand, I started poking it and smelling it.

Soap can't glow like this. Can it?

Realizing I am keeping Lukas waiting, I quickly washed my hands and rushed towards the exit.

I turned the knob, expecting it to turn all the way.
It stop midway.
I turned it harder.

"Heh heh. Uh...what? Turn you dumb knob." I thought out loud.

But of course it was locked.
There's no way I am locked inside a restroom. When it's supposed to be open.

Only one way to get out. I walked backwards ready to try to knock the door down.
Although forgetting I had a fancy dress on.

Shoot!
I rolled it up to a little above my knees, took off my hair band and tying it on the side.
I took off my flats.

I breathed in and ran at full speed towards the door.
My plan was that once there, I will knock it down with my shoulder.

But instead of being met with a wood door, I was met with an open space.

The door flew open before I even got there.
Taken by surprise, I tried to stop but it was too late.
I hit against something.

Or should I say somebody.

"Lukas! Am I glad to see y-Mmph." He quickly covered my mouth and took me to a quiet corner.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

Lukas started panting. Then touched his chest. "That hurt you know." He whispered.

"Oh. Sorry." I apologized.
Lukas shook his head. "It's alright." He peeked out of the corner and looked back towards the dining room.

I peeked out a little too and my face pale.
I couldn't believe it! She's here...free...how did she get out of that hole?

She was the center of attention. Her dress was covered in what seemed to be tomato sauce and she was on the floor. Her hair was drenched.

Everyone was snickering and laughing at her.
Why hasn't she gotten up yet?

I caught glimpses of her tears hitting the red carpet.

"Lukas. We have to go help her." I said sadly still peeking.
He sighed. "I didn't think this would happen. Once I saw her, I knew there might be trouble. Although, I did see her with a man. Well...maybe like about her age. I came to check on you. I was too embarrassed to open the door, but it was for your sake. But when I did, you crashed into me."

He was already looking at me.

"Sorry. The door handle didn't want to open." I explained.
"Oh."

"Let's go." I finally said.

...

Lukas' POV

Seeing Jesse care about people like that, even enemies, made me happy to meet someone as amazing as her.
...
Once we made it to Cassie, she looked away. Jesse crouched down at her level.

With a tender voice she said, "Cassie? Are you ok? Let me help you."

Jesse helped her up. "Let's go somewhere nobody can make fun of you." She smiled.

That statement might not have helped.
....

Cassie immediately let go of Jesse and glared at her. Then at me.

"No need to be like that. I helped you out. What's your deal?" Jesse said annoyed.

"Ha! You think just being nice is going to get you anywhere? People will take advantage of that Jesse. Besides I need to be somewhere." She held her arms and started to walk away.

I quickly grabbed her shoulder. "Oh no you don't. We have to make sure you don't get into any trouble."

"Don't worry blondie. . .I won't." Then she walked off.

She sounded...sincere.

"She sounded...sincere." Jesse sighed.
"Just what I was thinking." I responded smiling at her.

Her sparkling, emerald eyes looked up at me.
Then she hugged me tightly.
"I love you Lukas."

"What's this all of a sudden?" I chuckled.
"I don't know. I just saw you here standing like a cinnamon roll and was tempted to hug you." She squeezed me tighter.
"Ok then...?" I pulled out of the hug.

Now LUKAS! Do it now. I have to do this. Today and now. Ok. Just like planned.

I kneeled down on one leg.
I hear Jesse gasp. She takes half a step back.
I take the burgandy box with gold lining out and open it looking up at Jesse.

She had her hands cupping her mouth. She was in tears already.
She stared at the box revealing the shimmering ring inside.

"Jesse..." She started crying and sniffing. "Will you marry me?"

I smiled up at her. Although did something unexpected.

Jesse helped me stand up, turned around and leaned against the wall.

You blew it Lukas...she isn't going to say yes.

But before I could do anything, she jumps up really fast and hugs me tight.

"Yes Lukas! I will marry you!" Jesse still had tears but was laughing and smiling.

I smiled warmly.
I took out the ring and slipped it onto her finger.

Jesse looked at the ring and her eyes softened. Then she started laughing again.

She came towards me and kissed me tenderly on the lips. I kissed her back of course.
Then we pulled apart and just stood there hugging.

"I want this to last forever." She whispered.
"Me too Jesse. Me too."

☆☆☆☆

First time doing this kind of chapter. Hope you liked it and thank you for reading!