▪️Jolivia▪️

☆☆☆☆☆
Today it was Jess and Olivia's turn to patrol the night. They had their armor and weapons along with food in case they starve to death.

Jess is currently munching on a cookie she brought along. Olivia would occasionally glance at the chocolate chip cookie with a temptation.

When Jess notices this, she takes out the plastic bag containing the snack and shares with Olivia.

Olivia pretends to have little interest in eating one but upon receiving the cookie, she eats it in two bites.

"Well, you were hungry." Jess mentions.
"It wasn't really hunger that lured me into wanting one." Olivia responds.
"Sheesh."

A sudden sound grabs their attention to the center of town.
Running footsteps stop in the center next to the large water fountain.
Jess and Olivia pant a little after chasing the figure and instinctively point their weapons.

The shadow wore a long black cape with a hood. It stares at the running water of the fountain and dips its fingers in the clean water.

Olivia raises an eyebrow and lowers her guard.
Jess narrows her eyes in suspicion.

"This is where I first met her." Guessing from the voice, the person is a male.

"I can't belive it's been already 3 years since she was..." He trailed off and slouching, starts sobbing.

He's crazy? Insane? Or just...heartbroken. Jess thought.

Olivia leaves Jess' side and approaches the boy.
Jess goes against it and whispers to her, "What do you think you're doing? Get back here!"

Olivia doesn't listen.
Once she's in arms reach, she pats his shoulder.
The boy turns around and with tears in his eyes, pulls down his hood.

The moon makes them glisten along with his light brown hair.
At that move, Jess starts to blush.

He's cute!
Wait-! What am I thinking?

She shakes her head but everything happens so fast.
A blur.

The boy had taken out his sword and was now pierced into Olivia's torso.

With the enough energy she had, she kicked the boy away fell onto the cold stone ground.

"Olivia!" Jess runs toward the boy who now stabbed Olivia on the shoulder.

She pushed him against the hard stone fountain and upon the impact against him, he slid down into the water and fainted.

Not cute anymore! She thought.

Jess took the boy out and threw him on the ground and quickly falls next to Olivia.
She picked her head up as tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Olivia. Everything will be...alright. I'll call the others and we can..." She trails off when she lifts her hands filled with blood.

She leaves Olivia in a comfortable spot and the boy under a bench.
Jess runs as fast as she can to call the others.

After making a big scene, Axel is the first one out the door.
Petra and Lukas bring their weapons and in 10 seconds they go to the spot Olivia was in.

After making it there, Jess motions them to come near the water fountain.

Although...to their horror, Olivia's body was missing.
The boy was still under the bench though.
Lukas spots a trail of blood leading into the forest.

I'm an idiot!

☆☆☆☆
How was it?