In a Room of Old Men and Single Ladies (Levi x Aristocratic! Reader)

The Year of 840
The night was so lovely, stars shimmering over the head of the capitol, it was one of those cool summer nights where you could wrap up in your blanket and not feel like a melting candle.

My ears were crowded with the noise throughout the king's home, which stood proudly above the capital, reminding Sina that through all of humanity's chaos, there was still order.

I could see old, married men roaring with laughter with one another, their old, and sometimes young wives simply leaning against their shoulders as if they were their husband's accessory. While most of the young women, around my age, were more spread out, some talking to these old men, others bickering in the corners of the room.

Whether talking, or bickering. I knew all of these young women had one thing on their mind; the absence of young men to flirt with. Most of them were serving in a regiment, and the few that managed to escape being recruited, were easily snatched up by another women.

Nethertheless, the women stood smiling or frowning in bright red lips, white powdered faces and wigs, and large dresses the lifted their cleavage to their necks. All dressed up for no one.

I felt as if I was of the few women who didn't let the lack of young men get to me, as I drank champagne and simply followed my aunt Anne around the room as she showed off her charismatic personality.

My aunt Anne dressed like all the other young ladies in the ballroom, despite being thirty years older compared to them, but her personality tended to subtract those thirty long years.

I, on the other hand, only shared the bright red lips, my dress was a more modest sea-foam blue dress, and lacked the powdered wig and face for everyone said it'd be a crime for me to cover my healthy, and sunkissed hair and face.

"(F/N)!" my aunt laughed cheerfully, slapping my arm weakly as we walked away from a older man, "Isn't Sir Nicholas a comedian, I say, if he wasn't running the richest jewlery in the walls, he could make a living on those jokes of his!"

"Sir Nicholas Remington seems to also take interest in you too, Aunt," I said with a small smile, her and Sir Nicholas had been flirting for years, even when they were both married, now, both single, everyone in the my family knew their romantic tension would bring a wedding.

"I do say, I wish their was some young meat at this party, your mother would love for you to get a ring on your finger," Aunt Anne commented, letting out a deep breathe as she scanned the room, her hands on her corset tightened waist.

"I believe I have time," I shrugged, taking another sip from my small glass.

"If it were up to me you would've been married eight years ago," Aunt Anne gasped.

"Aunt Anne, please," I said, putting down my glass, "I agree, marrying me off at fifteen would've been easier for most of the young men weren't feeling forced to join one of those three regiments, but we must accept the current situation. Even when, or if the men, and few women return, they'll probably be married off in less than two seconds to the hungry young peasants, and aristocratic girls we see in this room today."

"Those blasted titans," Anne cursed, "taking all the men away from us."

"Cheers to being in the walls," I laughed, picking up my glass, and raising it to the air, "for the war against titans can't touch us here in Wall Sina."

"Cheers to that," Anne grinned, basically chugging her entire glass down, "You go find someone to talk to, I'm gonna try to snatch away Sir Nicholas before that Countess Helene tries to get him."

"Don't kill anyone," I joked, as I watched my Aunt walk into the crowd of rich upperclassmen.

I scanned around the room, noticing a crowd of women around the entrance, blocking whatever they were gawking at.