Rooftop Affairs (Bestfriend AU!Levi x Reader)

"Loderingo degli Andalò (1210-1293) was an Italian nobleman from a Bolognese Ghibelline family. He held many important civic positions and founded the Knights of Saint Mary (also known as the Order of the glorious Saint Mary or Jovial Friars (Frati Gaudenti, in Latin))..."

You read through this paragraph at least twenty times, yet the information couldn't stay in your brain.

"This is hopeless," you concluded, closing your world history textbook, "I'm never gonna pass this stupid exam..."

You slammed your face onto the textbook, and let your tired (e/c) eye.

Your rest was put to a halt when you heard tapping on your bedroom window, making you pop your head up in surprise and turn to look out the window.

It was basically midnight, so no light shined upon the figure tapping at your window, but you already knew who it was.

You quickly sprinted up to the window, and opened it, the figure gave you their hand for help, but you brushed them off and hopped out of your room, and onto the really small roof ledge.

"Thats a surprise," the person said, "You can finally get up here without assistance."

"Oh shut up Levi," you replied, smirking, "Remember when I had to give you a hand to get up here?"

He clicked his tongue, "Don't act so cocky, just because you were taller than me for only like five months in fifth grade doesn't mean you are still taller than me."

Levi, the window-tapping man, has been your neighbor, and best friend for thirteen years. You moved next door to him when you were four, and have been best friends ever since; You both are now in your final year in Highschool.

You and Levi's bedroom windows faced right across from each other, and you both had this little small part of roof under the windows that touched. You guys have made it a tradition to sneak out through your windows, and sit on the small part of roof, and simply talk.

"Have you studied for Mr. Shadis's exam?" You asked, closing your bedroom window so your parents couldn't hear you guys, yes, your parents had no idea you guys did this, if they knew, they'd freak.

"Yes," Levi said, leaning against his house's shaby white shutters, "I saw you were studying too...well...kinda."

"Shut it, you twerp," you barked back, "Gotta nap with the knowledge before you understand the knowledge."

...

"That made no fucking sense, brat," Levi smirked, resting his arm on his knee.

"You what else makes no sense?" You asked.

"What?"

"Your stupid-ass face," you said trying not to laugh, a few moments later you and Levi start wheezing out laughter.

Sure, to outsiders it didn't sound funny, but whenever you, and Levi were together, everything is funny.

"(Y/N)," Levi said, leaning up a bit too close to you.

"Yes..?" You ask cautiously, freezing up a little.

"I..." Levi whispered, making butterflies form in your stomach.

"I...Can't believe how fucking ugly you look," Levi finished, returning back to his head against the shutters.

You exhaled harshly, "I ain't no mirror."

With that you a Levi erupt into more ridiculous laughter.

One hour later

"What are you planning on doing after highschool?" Levi asks out of no where.

You both had just finished a series of roasting eachother, and tears of laughter were still forming in your eyes.

You look at the blurry image of Levi, a little caught off guard, he wasn't looking at you, he was looking up at the starless night sky.

"I don't know..." You pondered for a second, "All I know is that I'm going to University of Miami... "

"You are shitting me, right?" Levi says a in disbelief, facing his head back down looking you straight in the eye, "you're going there too?"

"Too? We're going to the same school?!" You say with a stupid-looking smile, "Oh my gaga, Levi this is amazing news!"

"Yea..." Levi said with a smile, his eyes becoming off focus, staring off into space.

"Is something on your mind Levi?" You asked, raising one eyebrow.

"Miami is so far away from New Hampshire...from home..." Levi said in a sad tone.

"Yea...So? Levi don't tell me you don't want to get out of New Hampshire? You've been wanting to get out of here since god knows when!" You said, scooting your bum so you sat right beside him on his roof.

"I wanna leave New Hampshire, yes, but I don't wanna leave this." Levi said leaning his shoulder against yours in a pout.

"What do you mean this?" You asked.

"Once we leave from these houses we can no longer have these moments where we escape from everyone else, where we can just simply chat and have fun..." Levi abruptly stopped, "This sounds so fucking stupid-"

"No!" You shouted a little to sudden then planned, you took a deep breath, scooted so you were face-to-face with him, and got your face a little closer to him, and whispered, "Levi I agree, I'll miss these moments, but hey, at least we have eachother, right?"

"I don't know..." Levi whispered too, his face also getting a little closer to yours, "I'm not sure if I can survive college with a pile of trash."

You both quietly giggled, but both stopped pretty quickly, and began gazing into each others eyes, foreheads now touching "Well if I'm a pile trash, just promise not to throw me out for a shinier pile of trash in college okay?" You smiled softly.

"I promise..." Levi smiled softly back at you, his hand now holding yours and his thumb brushed against your soft knuckles.

"Brat"

"Twerp"

And with those final words, you broke the tension and had your first kiss...

...With your best friend, and true love.