Ride On (Levi x Reader)

I was in the middle of the nightmare, watching my comrades die, one by one, as I had to ride on...

...Alone...

"This exposition is getting no where!" I spat to myself, feeling the cold rain cascade down my neck, as I pinned my sight straight ahead, trying not to let my angered tears trample down my face.

THADUMP!

I jolt my head to the large noise; a titan.

I look around, and see no one in sight, the fog helped block off my vision from the surroundings.

The titan was rather slow, his face in a tight grin as his tongue flew back in the wind.

I kick my dark silver horse, Nightingale, which she responded with a slow increase in speed.

"Please don't become tired now!" I groan, my heart beginning to jolt with speed.

THADUMP! THADUMP! THADUMP!

The speed of the titan suddenly quickened, as Nightingale tumbled to the ground, launching me in the air.

"Ouf!" I spat, having my face hit the cold, wet grass.

THADUMP!

A large shadowed covered me, as I fearfully tilt my head up.

And there it was. A titan that staggered over sixteen meters, it's rather long ginger locks framing its face as it smiled, as its amber eyes staring blankly in my frightened (e/c) ones; It felt like time slowed down as it reached down at me.

I have a slow reaction, and at the last second I spring myself away from the titan's grasps, as it slammed its hand into the ground; The beast shrieked in the surprisingly sudden pain.

With a victorious smirk, I attempt to launch my maneuver gear at the titan's nape, but all I got was a awkward sounding snap of a spring, catching the titans attention as it jerked it's head towards me; The damn gear broke.

It licked its lips in hunger, as it flew itself at me, its eyes almost looking a dark red.

I shut my eyes, expecting the beast to crunch me whole, and not wanting to see my demise...

...The feeling of death, nor pain hit me....

"Huh?" I ask in shock, looking up to see Levi, a very close friend of mine ever since I joined the Survey Corps.

"Commander (Y/N) what the hell are you doing?" Levi hissed, as I see the titan behind him lowly steam, "You have a fucking regiment to run, and you were about to let a stupid ass titan eat you!" I could almost see the worry in his eyes, slightly surprising myself, "Do you not wish to carry out Erwin's last dying wish?-"

Levi was cut off when the titan before launched its entire body at two of us, luckily we quickly separated, away from the titan.

How did the titan do that? Isn't it dead? I ask myself before seeing a clean crystal layer of the titan's nape, protecting it. A titan shifter?!

I could hear Levi growl, "Commander, go!"

"But Levi-"

"Go!" He says demandingly, his eyes being blocked out by his raven hair, as his teeth were clenched together.

I reluctantly nod, hopping on Nightingale, as I took one last glance at my lower ranking officer, and rode off, into the fog, and away from Levi.

*Time Skip*

"Open the gates!" I yell, as the people obliged, the large, old stone gates stagger up, as the Survey Corps retreats into the walls.

Failure. We failed, I failed, how can I be commander, yet fail ever expedition?! This must be how Commander Erwin felt...

"Is this where are taxes are going? To a bunch of losers?" A citizen called out, mocking us.

"The only thing that works there is Coperal Levi!" Another called out, as I tilted my head down in disappointment.

"Hey! Where is the Coperal anyway?" A manly voiced asked, making my head pop up.

Where is Levi...

"Hanji!" I call out to the people behind me, as I see the brunette quickly ridding up to me on her horse, not plastered with her common cheshire grin, "Where is Levi?"

Hanji's frowned solemnly, her face tilted down, "He didn't return, Commander..." She muttered, loud enough for me to hear.

"What...?" I ask, my face immediately became blank, lost for words.

No...Not Levi...

"Levi's torn cape was found, but never his body, its best to assume he died." Hanji explained, refusing eye contact with me.

I felt my heart sink, as cold solemn tears raced down my cheeks..."N-Not Levi...I-I never..."

I never told him three simple words;

I love you...