Chapter Eleven

"I'm gonna go grab a bag of clothes from the house" I said, Standing up.

"You want me t'come wit' you?"Mo offered.

"It'll be real quick"-

"I know, But you gotta be protected outchea"She smiled. She followed me up the stairs and into the kitchen where Youngboy stood.

"Hey, Can you come wit' us real quick?" Mo asked him.

"Where?"He questioned.

"Jaila's stayin' over, And she needs clothes"
She explained.

"Yeah"He nodded, Standing up.

*

Minutes later, We arrived to my aunt's house. I'd texted my Mom and Justin, So they knew I was coming.

I went and grabbed a bag and stuffed it with clothes and essentials.

When I came back, Justin ( with Anaya ) stood on the porch talking to Monet and Youngboy. Great.

"No, This is my cousin Kentrell."-Monet spoke. Her demeanor was weird again, It only happens when she's around Anaya. Well, The only time I've seen it is around Anaya.

"Y'all gon' be alone?"Justin questioned.

"No, My big brother and his friends will be there"Monet answered.

"Who's your brother?"-

"Marcus, But he goes by Jr. "- Justin nodded.

" 'Aight, I trust y'all, Be good"He cracked a smile. I kissed Anaya before joining Mo and Youngboy.

*

"I'm boutta get some snacks"Mo informed as we approached the corner store. " You comin'?"-

"I didn't bring my money"-

"Didn't I say we family? Whatever I got you got"She smiled. "Youngboy, You want sum?" She turned to him. He glanced up from his phone.

"Nah, I'm straight"-He turned his attention to me.

"Jaila, Let'em hold yo' bag, This store'on like bags" Mo spoke. I glanced between them. Youngboy held out his arm, I slowly handed him my bag before Mo and I went in. Minutes later we returned with snacks galore. I took my bag from Youngboy as we walked back to the house.

"Thanks for holding my bag"I said, Not trying to seem unthankful.

"It's all good "He said simply.

*

Later on that night, I changed into my pajamas.

*

I'd fell asleep on the couch in the basement with Monet close by, But woke up sometime late at night. I realized I had to go to the bathroom. My main fear was falling up the stairs.

Luckily, I got up the stairs, Only tripping once. It was pitch black, Like I could literally see nothing. I wasn't going to go get my phone and risk falling down the stairs and breaking my neck. So I tried to navigate through the dark house.

As I got to one of the doors, I knocked into something-someone and screamed loudly.

I fell to the ground and nearly peed myself.
A light switched on and illuminated the person I'd knocked into, A shirtless youngboy. He wore a pair of basketball shorts and Nike socks. Even with the dim light, I could make out his abs, Not that I was looking.

"Aw, My bad" He spoke, Stooping down to help me up. Gripping my waist, He pulled me upward until I was standing. We were a bit closer than I'd thought, And we just stood there.

* Comment and Vote *