Chapter Nineteen

After Trell and the boys left, Monet and I decided to go to my house. She texted Marcus, Telling him where we were so he wouldn't get worried. Everything was going good...

It had been quite a few hours, Nobody was back yet, Trell hadn't texted me, But I knew not to worry because he was with the guys, I knew he was safe.

"She's real cute"Mo said as she held Anaya. Her telling me about her son broke a barrier with us, She's a lot more friendly and open, Especially with Ny. ( Who loves attention, So it was good for her ) "Bein' 'round Ny reminds me'a Javan"She began, Her eyes got glossy as she looked down. I did the same, I wasn't sure of what to say... She got up, gently sliding Ny off of her lap before escaping into the bathroom. I felt really bad, I know it had to be hard. 

I heard Mo's phone ring, And her answer it, But I tuned out, not wanting to eavesdrop. I laid on my bed with Ny. Seconds later, Monet emerged from the bathroom, Looking sheepish.

"Jaila, We need t'go"She spoke. 

"What happened?"I asked, Sitting up.

"C'mon, We need t'go"She urged, Grabbing her jacket.

"Mo, I can't, I have Ny, And I can't drive"I said, Accepting Anaya back into my lap.

"I can drive, I'll explain everything on the way"She said as she walked into the hallway.

Minutes later, Monet was driving my Mom's car to the emergency room.

"That was Marcus on'a phone, Zack, Ace and Man-Man were walkin' down the street, a car pulled up and started shootin'. He wouldn't tell me anything else, Just that we needed to get there soon"-

"A-Are they okay?"-

"Hopefully"-The rest of the car ride was quiet except for a few giggles from Anaya. Under a half an hour later, The three of us arrived at the emergency room. I held Ny against my hip as I followed Monet closely. 

"There was three boys just brought in here, Where do we go?"-

"What is the nature of your relationship?"The desk clerk asked. 

"We family"Monet spoke, Glancing back at Anaya and I. 

"You'll have to take a seat in the waiting ar"-

"Mo! Jaila!"A familiar voice caught our attention. We turned to see Marcus coming toward us. We met him half way.

"What happened?"Mo asked, I tuned in to hear his answer. He began to explain as we approached the waiting area.

"Zack, Man-Man and Ace was comin' back from the store, They got on our block, A dark car pulled up and started shootin', Zack jumped on Man-Man t'cover him, So Man-Man ain't get hit, But Zack and Ace did."-

"Where's Man-Man now?"-

"Twelves took'em t'see what happened"-

There weren't very many people in the waiting room.

"Where's e'rybody else?"-Trell, Ben, Kd, AK, Were all missing...

"They took off after the car"-I perked up, My boyfri-They did what? "They on'a way now"He added. I sighed in relief. 

About twenty minutes later, YB, Ben, Kd, Ak and Man-Man arrived. I greeted YB with a hug.

"Are you okay?"I asked him. Of course I couldn't expect him to answer truthfully. He's not one to be emotional. I could tell he had been active...

"I'm straight"He spoke, As if three of his friends had not just been shot/ shot at. 

We all looked up as a nurse came out.

"Zackary Payne"She spoke. We all got up, Anxious to know the situation.

* COMMENT AND VOTE *