Chapter Eight

I held Anaya securely against my hip as Justin and I walked toward the large crowd of people. It smelled really good, And the smell only grew as we officially arrived. There were concessions, Games, Food. Everyone was going to have fun.

*
"I bet twenty dollars you ain't gon' beat me" Justin challenged. We're really competitive...We used to do these petty challenges all the time.

"Bet" I accepted his challenge.

*

"Say BOO!" I spoke to Ny as we watched Justin attempt to knock over the bottles. There were ten bottles. He got eight. I didn't know if I could do any better, But I was definitely going to try. I handed Ny to her Dad as it was my turn. Stepping up, Seeing the bottles being set up, It was intimidating, But I knew what I was doing.

I threw the first ball, It connected and knocked down the first bottle. From there, I was on a role.

I'd knocked down seven. I had to get at least two more...I kept going though.
I did it! I got nine out of ten! I won. I turned excitedly toward Justin as he held Anaya.

"I won!!!" I said excitedly. He smiled knowingly. It was almost like old times. Just as he was going to say something, His phone rang, Interrupting him. He took the call, Handing Ny to me.

I readjusted Ny's shirt, Standing her up on the bench.

"Jaila?" A familiar voice spoke. I turned to see Monet.

"Hey" I smiled at her. She glanced between Anaya and I.

"She yours?"She asked.

"No, This is my niece Anaya"I replied, Holding her on my hip again.

" She's real cute. Hi"She smiled at Ny, Who giggled.

Before we were able to say anything, Justin returned.
He glanced between Monet and I.

"Justin, This is my friend Monet, Monet, This is my brother Justin" I introduced them. He slightly smiled.

"Look, I gotta go t'work, I'ma take her home" He spoke, Taking Ny from me. Just like that, They were gone. But I wasn't tripping...

As Monet and I stood, Two guys came up, I recognized them both. The one caught my attention, He was cute. I heard Monet introduce them one was Ben and the other was Youngboy, Or Kentrell. The only way I recognized him, Was his scars...

* Comment and Vote *