Chapter Thirty-four

"He's getting out Monday"I revealed to my Mom. She looked surprised. She adjusted her position as she fed Jamir. 

"So, what does that mean?"-

"Obviously, I have to let him see Jamir, But I don't know if i'm ready"I admitted. 

"Well, you may not be, but it has to happen"She spoke. We never really had the Mother-daughter talks. We mostly avoided them. Now that i'm a Mom myself, I need to be able to make decisions...With more responsibility. 

"Are you gonna go meet'em?"She asked. 

"I wasn't planning on it"I replied, gently touching my son as he laid in his grandma's arms. 

"Do what you think is best, for not just you, but Jamir too"She advised. I shook my head in agreement. I knew what had to be done, I just didn't wanna do it. 

*

Monday came around and I was on edge. I didn't know what was going to happen, would he just pop up out of nowhere? The element of surprise, just thinking about it, Made me nervous. Jamir laid in my lap as Mo and I talked. I perked up as someone knocked on the door. My heart sank. No. It's not. Mo glanced between me and the door. She stood up and went to answer it. I held my breath as she opened up the door. I was halfway relieved when 3Three entered. He glanced from Mo to Me and Jamir.  

"We boutta come pick up YB...y'all wanna go?"He asked. For no reason. He already knew. 

"No"I answered quickly. I held Jamir close to me, adjusting his position as I sat up. 

"J"-

"I said No."I held Jamir securely as I stood. I went past them and into my bedroom. I laid in my bed with Jamir and cried. And cried. I just wanted to be done. Over. Finished. But it wasn't about me. It was about Jamir.

* Three days later *

Through 3Three and Ben, we set up an official meeting. Justin would drive Jamir and I there, to see Kentrell, for the first time in almost a year...