Chapter Ten

"Ooo  boo" Monet changed the subject, Looking at my neck.

"What's wrong?" I questioned curiously.

"Lil' hoe had nails and caught you" She spoke. "C'mon, I'll have'em get you something"-

" Monet, I'm fine"-

"Okay, Look, I just invited you into my family, Call me Mo"-

" Mo, I'm fine"-

She ignored me and continued up the stairs, I followed her of course.

"Aye youngboy!" She called out, Peering into the living room. "Can you get Jaila some ice?" She asked curiously, I slightly jabbed her. He nodded, Standing up. "I gotta go t'the bathroom, I'll be right back" She smiled before walking off. I followed youngboy into the kitchen.

He opened the freezer and pulled out a few ice cubes, and wrapped them in a rag.

"Where's it at?" He asked curiously. I leaned my head to the side, Revealing the scratch.

"Is it bad?" I asked.

"Nah, You got a lot more licks than she did" He half smiled. He handed me the rag before walking off. I placed the rag on the side of my neck as I waited for Mo to return.
She did, Moments later. I mean mugged her.

"What?" She played dumb.

"That was NOT funny" I said. She lightly chuckled.

"C'mon, Youngboy's a nice dude"-

"I didn't say he wasn't"-

" You frontin'em though "-

"No I'm not"-

" Yes you are"She said, Mimicking my tone.

"I have a boyfriend. And I'm not a hoe"-

" Your boyfriend is though-Or so I've heard"
She spoke.

"He's not"-I stopped myself and began laughing.

"You can't even lie!" She exclaimed. ( We were back in the basement ) I noticed a bunch of electronic equipment.

"What's all'is for?" I asked.

"Oh, Youngboy, Ben an'em use it t'make songs" She replied.

"Songs?"-

" They rap. They're pretty good"-

"So y'all just hang out over each others houses all the time, Or, Is this your house?"-

" This is all'a ours. But my brother Jr. Pays the bills"-

"Is he annoying?"-

" What you mean?"-

"Does he try to control every aspect of your life as if he's your Dad?"-

" Nah, He's chill. We basically raised ourselves though, So I've always respected him. Why? Is'at how your brother is?"She asked.

"Yes!" I exclaimed. "I mean, I love'em but he tries to control me, Like that's what a Mom is for" I rolled my eyes.

"Me and Jr ain't have parents growin' up. Mama's a crackhead and Ion know my Daddy."-I was surprised she'd shared that with me. I felt obligated to share as well.

" Me my Mom and Justin used to be so close. I never knew my real Dad, I don't consider him my Father. My stepdad got locked up a couple years back."-

"So, The baby?"-

" Anaya? That's Justin's daughter. Her Mama passed, She overdosed."-There was a brief silence.

"I think that's why Justin's so hard on me"-

" Big brothers are s'pose t'be...Aye, D'you think y'Mama would let you crash here t'night?"She asked.

"My Mom would. Ion know about Justin" I smiled knowingly.

* Comment and Vote *