8- The Face of God

I've never seen the face of God and in this life, I don't think I want to. Not for real anyway. Moses saw God's face, and he had to wear a veil because God's radiance reflected off him so brightly, he surely would have blinded every Jew in camp if he hadn't worn something. I mean, think about it. We all know what happened to Charlton Heston when he saw the face of God. His entire head of hair turned gray. If it wasn't for Nice and Easy, you'd think I saw the face of God about every 4-6 weeks. 

The face of God... I don't know what I'll do when I come to stand before Him on the Day of Judgment. I like to think I'll run up to Him and throw myself in his lap screaming, "Daddy, I'm home!" But somehow, that's probably a scene reserved only for a comedy show. 

From a personal experience I had as a young woman (yes, a very long time ago), I am more inclined to believe that as I take those first steps towards my Lord and God - before I'm even within visual range, I think the evil inside of me will cry out and quake at what's coming. 

However, fear will be the least of its concerns. Evil will be so angry because in the presence of God, it's going to have to leave me and return to its master. Will it scream out the name of Jesus, asking for mercy and grace? I don't think so. It will scream out the name of Jesus in anger because it knows the game is up, and it must now flee from me. The choke-hold it hoped to have on my spirit will be broken and unlike the way it weaseled its way into my life, it will exit my life in one swift motion, fleeing back to Satan, tail tucked between its legs. 

Let's face it. When we are called to stand before the face of God, we're either going to love it or hate it. I guess it all depends on which master we've served. 

So choose wisely. 

When Moses came down from Mount Sinai with the two tablets of the covenant law in his hands, he was not aware that his face was radiant because he had spoken with the LORD. When Aaron and all the Israelites saw Moses, his face was radiant, and they were afraid to come near him. But Moses called to them; so Aaron and all the leaders of the community came back to him, and he spoke to them. Afterward all the Israelites came near him, and he gave them all the commands the LORD had given him on Mount Sinai. When Moses finished speaking to them, he put a veil over his face. But whenever he entered the LORD's presence to speak with him, he removed the veil until he came out. And when he came out and told the Israelites what he had been commanded, they saw that his face was radiant. Then Moses would put the veil back over his face until he went in to speak with the LORD. (Exodus 34:29-35) 

No servant can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. (Luke 16:13)