Chapter 11: The "Car" Ride

A/N- I haven't updated this in a month! I'm so sorry guys. 😓

~~~

"What art thy retrieving 'gain?" I asked Laurance, as he pulled me down the stairwell.

"Bread. We literally went over this like five minutes ago," Laurance rolled his eyes, gripping harder onto my wrist. "Could you stop being dense for like five seconds?!"

"Thou is being completely, and utterly, irrational," I stated, pulling away from his grasp. "What in Irene's name, does thou hath 'gainst I? We were fine just moments ago..."

Laurance shrugged, moving over towards this large, uh... To be completely honest, I hath no idea what 'tis in front of I. It reminds I of the land vessels I hath been in thy presence of beforehand.

"Before you ask, that's a car, dimwit," Laurance strutted ahead of me, toying with some miniscule object he held in his hand. He opened the door of the vessel, pointing into it. "Get in. Now," Laurance chuckled, leaning against the 'car' door. Thou sent a wink my way, "that's an order, from your commander."

"Art thy commanding I what to do, now?!" I balled my fists, getting frustrated with all of this damn nonsense! "I understand that I am but a mere visitor in your village. However, that gives you no damn right, to talk to me in such a manner! I am not some churl, to bid your every command! So stop speaking so down upon I!"

His laughs grew louder, as he held his lower chest. I stood there, my arms crossed. There. I lashed out at him. He deserved it, for I was fed up with his nonsensical ways of acting towards someone such as I. It is foolish to speak to someone of probably higher authority than thou; in such a tone and attitude.

"Shit, Gareth, you fiesty," Laurance winked at me, in such a confusing way. He lightly pulled me towards the car and gently shoved me into it. Still pissed me off, though... "I guess that's the better aspect of you."

"Was thy complimenting or insulting me? I cannot tell no more."

"Both," Laurance strolled over to the other side, getting in beside me.

He messed around with something, causing the vessel to shift and move. Honestly, it's similar to a ship's functions...on land. I suppose... Then again, I was never one for piloting sea vessels. I believe so, anyways...

I need my memories back...

"I'm surprised you're not keeping up your medieval act; and freaking out about my car. Isn't that what they do in the movies, and shit?" Laurance glanced over at me for a moment, narrowing his eyes.

"Eh...movies? Pardon?"

"You're so fucking helpless," Laurance rolled his eyes, putting his attention back in front of him.

I scoffed, deciding it was best to just ignore him at this point in time. I peered out the window, and watched as the world sped by. Why does he hath to be so confusing? Then again, why do I care so much about what he thinks about me? I hath not known him for long... However, I feel so...strange within his presence.

Everyone else here has that sense of familiarity. Laurance, though... There's absolutely nothing. Yet, these...feelings I get while around him, are odd. They aren't entirely anger... I don't know how to describe it. It's odd.

"We're here," he stated, as the vessel came to a sudden halt.

Laurance looked over at me, a certain gleam within his eyes. A sly smirk played along his face. Before I was able to process the situation at hand, Laurance was now inches from me, snickering under his breath.

"What art thy attempting to do?" I asked, ineffectivly attempting to shift away from him.

"Well, you obviously," he was caressing my cheek at this point. I'm pretty sure there's a word for this type of situation...

"I do not understand what thou means by that."

"You know...bread isn't super important right now. It can wait..."

Laurance shifted his weight, over to where I was seated. His eyes were filled with this sense of lust. And honestly, it had frightened me. Was thy attempting to...

"Art you trying to have me agree to intercourse with thou? Because, if so, my answer shall be a clear 'no'," I growled, trying my best to resist his advances.

"You're honestly, no fun at all," Laurance rolled his eyes, moving off of me somewhat. "But, you're still cute nonetheless... Could we at least make out?"

"What 'tis that?" I rose an eyebrow, crossing my arms. Make out...what? He needs to be more specific. How could anyone understand him?

"Oh, honey, I can show you if you want..."

"Honey"?

Before I realized what had just happened, Laurance's lips were once again upon mine... Yet, I didn't feel a need to resist him. Something felt...different... Strangely... Was I...

Falling for this stranger?

It would make sense, would it not? These unexplainable emotions. I am falling for a man I have barely known for a few days. Thou hates I, and I hate him. Or, at least I thought I did. I don't understand nor like these confusing complications. Why can't I just be back home, wherever the Hell it is?!

Laurance pulled away from me, running his hand through my hair, smiling weakly. What in Irene's name just happened? Looking into his eyes...I feel something else...

There it is...

A new sense. Greater than what I felt in the presence of Dante. Even stronger than with m'lady Aphmau. That familiar sense decided to now show thyself. But why now of all times?

"Well...guess I was wrong," Laurance laughed for about the hundredth time within the hour. "You aren't as bad of a kisser, as I thought you were. Can we do that again?"

I didn't give him an answer, just stared longingly into his eyes. His...eyes. There's something there, that I didn't quite notice before... It wasn't there before. Or, perhaps it was...

"I-I suppose," I gave him the answer, thou obviously desired.

And once more, I felt his soft lips pressed against mine. The first feeling became stronger and more noticeable. Without being in control of my own actions, my hands slipped behind his back, and his behind mine head. The kiss became more passionate, and I was starting to get nervous. Was this...normal? I think not...

But I'm allowing it to happen, anyways...

~~~

A/N- Since this took me a while to edit, I am too tired to have a question answered. 😪

Fret not, they'll return next chapter!

Also, updates should start to become regular, now. Tuesdays and Thursdays. Thank you for your time. 😊💜

P.S. Thank you so much Snowyheaven for the fan art of this! It's beautiful! Appreciate it! 😄💜