Chapter 8: Fragments of a Memory

"It's nice to meet you...uh...what was your name again?"

"Garroth."

"Cute name. Heheh."

"Eh?! Cute?! I beg your pardon?"

"Hm? Nothing. Damn, she was right..."

"Right? About what, exactly? I don't quite understand..."

"Oh, it's nothing. Honestly, don't worry about it."

"Alright...what was your name?"

"I guess I never said it. Heh. My name is ------------. It's a pleasure to meet you."

"Pleasure is all mine."

"So, Garroth...are you from around these parts?"

"No. I thought you were aware. I'm from Phoenix Drop. Along with ------- ----------."

"Ah, I see. Such a shame. I would've liked to see your pretty face more often."

"Heh...you can't even see my face, imbecile. I wear a helmet."

"My feelings."

"Oh, hush, now. Heh...haha... Hahahaha!"

"What are you laughing about?"

"Oh, it is nothing."

"Well, I see how it is. Haha... Hey, this may sound kind of forward... But, I would love to get to know you more."

"Get to know me, more? Why?"

"If ---------- trusts you, then I trust you...and you seem rather swell. I'd truly like to get to know you..."

"Me as well, ----------."

"Promise, that you'll come down and visit me sometimes?"

"You truly like me that much? Are you being serious?"

"Yeah, I am...something about you...it's just...I don't know how to explain it... But, can you make that promise?"

"Oh, alright. What's the harm in that? As long as you promise, to visit us."

"Deal..."

~~~

I slowly awakened, as the sunlight began to shine through the open window. I sighed, sitting upright in my bed. Yesterdays events, were still boggling my mind. Why in the name of Irene, did he kiss me? What purpose did those actions serve?

And, what was that dream I had last night? Who was I talking to? Was it, perhaps, the same person from the previous dream? No, I don't think so... But, why couldn't I hear people's names? Aside from my own, of course. I'm still confused.

What do all these dreams mean? Are they...memory fragments? The first dream, had mentioned something about, regaining my lost memories. Are these small dream segments, the answer to it? My proclaimed amnesia, and why I ended up here in...the village of Mystreet.

"So, Sweetheart, you ever gonna learn how to change your clothes? Or, are you just gonna continue like this, for the rest of your life?" A voice chimed in, from the doorway, followed by a snicker.

I groaned, crossing my arms. I didn't bother turning around. "How long have you been there, Laurance?"

"Long enough to watch the sun rise," I heard his footsteps come into the room, followed by the door shutting. "And by sun, I'm referring to you- Blondie."