Chapter 10: Chocolates

A/N- Sorry this is so late! A lot has been going on!

~~~

I paced in the chambers, of this acclaimed bedroom, thinking over all of the events. And, even though their previously was no pain in my chest, after that dream sequence, there no was. Strange, is it not? Humorous how things play out, that way.

"Knock knock!" A feminine voice called from the other side of the door. Odd...I don't remember a maiden residing in this household...

"Yes, m'lady? Who's speaking?" I made careful movements over towards the door.

"It's Aphmau!" The lass called back to me. Ah, Lady Aphmau. Now, I can recognize her voice.

I made my way over to the door, carefully swinging it open. Lady Aphmau stood on the other side, holding a miniature box, filled with something. It was closed tightly, so I couldn't view the contents.

"G'day, m'lady," I felt the need to bow in her presence. Lady Aphmau giggled, holding a hand over her lips. "What be your business here?"

"I came to visit Dante, Travis, and Laurance. Dante mentioned you were up here, and I just came to say hello," she shook the box lightly in front of her. "Also, Kawaii~Chan made these for everyone. You can have one, if you would like."

Aphmau opened the box, to reveal...chocolates. My word. How regal. How high of a class, are these citizens, to have chocolates laying about? I wouldn't expect them to be any more than...than...farmers! Let alone, of a royal class!

"M'Lady, this Kawaii~Chan gave these to you," I gestured to the various assortment of chocolates. "By Irene's sword...is that Meif'wa girl...the Lord of this village?"

Aphmau stared blankly at me for a moment. She looked in between the delightful box and I. What? Does she think I'm...insane or something? Because, I am far from it! I am completely sane, no matter what anyone else here says...

"Right, well... Sweetheart, I learned about Lords, villages, kingdoms, feudalism, and that stuff, during History classes," Aphmau chuckled lightly, picking out a small piece of chocolate. "And, hun, we don't live like that, anymore. Well, not around here, at least... That was during the medieval time period, mostly. This is the modern day era..."

I stared at her, confused. This 'era' and 'medieval time' nonsense she was talking about... Honestly, I thought she could help me, here. All I want to do...is return back to my home. To the Phoenix Drop, that rings throughout my head... That's all I need...and no persons choose to help thou.

Aphmau grabbed my hand, placing the chocolate atop my palm. She gave me a warm smile, allowing me a few more pieces. Honestly, this was so generous of her. Too generous... I hath no way to repay her.

"This is too much," I attempted to hand her back some, but she shook her head.

"Nonsense! Truly, that isn't a lot. If I take the rest of this home, I'm going to eat the rest of it, because Aaron...can't have chocolate. And in the end, I'm goin' to not be able to fit into my dress. If you catch what I'm sayin'," Aphmau patted her hip, giggling a small bit. I didn't get what she was saying... "Anyways, I have to been heading back home. You take care of yourself, alright? A lot of us here, have already grown attached to you. I don't know why, but you're aura...and your presence... I dunno. It's oddly... Oops, I'm rambling. See ya later!"

She waved goodbye, leaving the room door open. After she skipped down the hall, I stepped out into it. I pondered everything she had previously stated. My aura? What about it? And, the 'medieval' word...what does thou mean by that? I've never heard of such a phrase...

I stepped through the corridors, until reaching the staircase. I clutched my chest, as I found myself reaching the dining hall. Dante, Laurance, and white-haired man were laughing and talking, munching on the regal chocolates. I've never asked their classes...

"Yo, Gareth!" Laurance laughed loudly, throwing another piece of the chocolate, carelessly into his mouth. "Glad to see, you've decided to stop being such a lazy bum!"

I don't understand...we were bonding earlier... Now, thy chooses to hate on I, again..?

"Oh, alright... Dante, does thou need something? I want to be of as much of a help as I can... To repay, for your genouristy."

"Well, now that you mention it," Dante hopped up from his chair, strolling over to me. "Would you be able to run some errands for me?"

"What does thou request of I?" I stood proudly and tall, out of instinct.

"Well, Sir Garroth. I needth you to uh...take Sir Laurance to uh...headth to the...town square, and bringth back the breaded substance for a feast!" Dante exclaimed. Was thy making a mockery of my speech?

"What?" I stared at him, like he was insane. Because, if anything, he was the insane one.

"We're out of bread," Laurance explained, smirking slightly.

"Was that offensive?" Dante bit down on his lip. "I'm sorry...I don't understand how your medieval age talk works... I speak English."

There's the word again! Medieval...

"As do I," I referred to his English statement.

Laurance laughed, stepping in between the both of us. He hit my shoulder multiple times, smiling at Dante. "Yeah, Dante. We'll go grab some bread. But, I'm using your wallet."

Dante rolled his dark blue eyes, pulling out something rectangular. He handed it over to Laurance, who gave a small nod, and shoved the object into his back pocket. Grabbing my wrist, he began to lead me towards the front entrance.

"C'mon, Gareth. Let's go.

"It's. Garroth."

~~~

Q- Asked by thenormalcrazypsycho

To: Laurance

"I know that having a complete stranger in your house is odd, but, why are you acting like you have with Garroth? First, you aren't friendly to him at all, then suddenly, you're flirting with him."

~

Laurance- "First off, random person, you try living with this guy! He's annoying and repetitive!"

Garroth- "Takes one to know one."

Laurance- "You stay out of this! Anyways, the reason I "flirt" with him at some moments, then hate him the next, is...uh...to...I dunno. I really don't have an answer to that kind of question..."

Garroth- "How much of a failure do you feel like, for not being able to answer a simple question?"

Laurance- "As much of a failure your mom felt like, when she gave birth to you."

Dante- "Ouch, Laurance. Harsh. I bet he doesn't even remember his mother."

Garroth- "I don't."

Vylad- "I'm sure she's a lovely lady!"

Aphmau- "Yeah! I'm sure she was a great woman, Garroth! Don't listen to Laurance!"

Garroth- "Uh...thanks..?"

Laurance- "Pfft. Whatever..."

~~~