Chapter 6: Aphmau's Home

I held on tight to the collar of his sweatshirt, staring the man dead in his blue eyes. I don't know why I was suddenly acting this brash. It was just an instinct...an instant reflex.

"Woah, woah! Garroth! What're you doin', man?!" Dante shouted from behind me, and I merely scoffed.

The man crossed his arms, glaring at me. "Yes, what is your damn problem?"

He is so calm, about a complete and utter stranger, attacking him. Huh...

"I-" I snapped back into reality, dropping the man. I looked down at my hands, not moving.

The man scoffed, rolling his eyes. Was he used to this sort of behaviour? I don't understand anything at all. The world confuses me...

"Gareth, freakazoid, calm down a bit will ya?" Laurance grabbed my shoulder, pulling me back from the man. "Sure, Zane probably deserved it, but you need to calm yo ass, before murdering someone. Not exactly how things work, in this generation, Nerd."

Is it upsetting that I didn't understand half the words that came out of his mouth?

"Ah, goodie. Dante, Little Laurance, and the freaking weird guy are here," the man, presumably Zane, continued glaring at me with light blue eyes. "Who are you, and what are you doing at Aphmau's home?"

"Garroth. And, I am unaware of the justification of my visit. Perhaps, Dante would be best suited to answer that query," I stepped away, folding my arms. The man- referred to as Zane- rose an eyebrow at me, before turning to look at Dante.

"Vylad isn't here," Zane snapped at Dante, who rose his hands in defense.

"Yes I am!" A soft-spoken voice called from inside.

Before I could react, another...male appeared at the front door. He had dark brown hair, and vibrant green eyes, with the same colour scarf around his neck. Both him and Zane, oddly struck me as familiar. Like...a lot more than anyone else I have encountered, through this perilous journey.

I mostly refer to it as "perilous", due to the fact...of how many times I've almost died. More, than any man should have, within only two days. Actually, less than that. More like...one and a quarter, I suppose.

"Vylad! It's great to see you!" Dante outstretched his arms, giving...uh...Vylad, a hug. He let him go, smiling brightly. "How have you been? It's been far too long!"

"Sorry to intrude on this beautiful reunion," Laurance shoved me to the side, stepping in front of me. "But, where are the girls? This is their house, after all."

Wow. He can actually speak something that isn't utter nonsense. I am impressed.

"Katelyn isn't here," Vylad turned to Laurance, explaining the situation. "Kawaii~Chan is at work, and Aphmau...she's-"

"Bathroom! Definitely the bathroom!" Zane clasped a hand over Vylad's mouth, interrupting him mid-sentence. "Nothing else at all. Nope!"

"Totally not suspicious at all," Dante chuckled, leaning against the wall. "Well, I texted Aphmau beforehand, and we're allowed over. Besides, this gives us a chance to properly introduce you, to this guy here," Dante pointed at me.

Vylad looked over, his eyes widening. "Woah! I didn't even see you there, buddy! Hi! I'm Vylad! It's great to meet you!"

"Likewise," I nodded at the chipper male.

"Well, come on in. I'll let Aph know you're here!" Vylad gestured us all inside, in which we followed. I staggered behind, constantly checking my surroundings. Something about all of this, felt...off to me. I am not sure what had caused a feeling, such as this.

~~~

"Zane! Who was- Oh! Dante! Laurance! Garroth!" Aphmau hopped down the stairs, waving to us three. "Hey, guys! Great to see you could make it."

"Hey, Aphmau~" Laurance smirked, leaning against a corner of the room. Aphmau rolled her eyes, giggling. "You're lookin' pretty today~"

Is he flirting with her...even though she's already with someone? What kind of moron does that?!

"Thanks, Laurance. Truly, your opinion holds up to such a high value," she rolled her eyes again. "But, oh man...I just realized how many guys are in my home. Man...this is kinda awkward."

That is true...she seems to have a lot of male...friends...

"You guys mind, if I invite, anotha' gal friend, over?" Aphmau cheerily asked, earning responses that varied from 'go on', or 'I don't mind'. "Great! Be right back!"

Aphmau skipped into her kitchen, leaving us by ourselves. Dante, Vylad and...Zane, broke off into their own conversation. Laurance was playing with his rectangular device again, and me... I was leaned up against the far corner, listening to my thoughts.

I need to know, soon...when will I be freed from this seemingly endless torment? I am aware, it isn't the worst situation...but Laurance makes it that way... Why is he so against me?

"Garroth. C'mere. I needa talk to you," a male voice interrupted my thoughts.

I looked up, being faced with Laurance's baby blue eyes. He gestured towards the stairs, grabbing my wrist. I was a bit shocked at the fact, that he had actually gotten my name right. Quite surprising, indeed.

While I lost in my own thoughts, he somehow managed to get me upstairs. I shook my head, looking around. We were in someone's chambers, coated mostly in the colour...pink. Rather pink...

"Uh...what is it? What do you want? Seriously this time," I crossed my arms, staring down Laurance.

"I have...a bit of a...conflict. I need you...to help me solve..," Laurance's ridiculous smirk made a reappearance, once again.

"Oh? And, what is that conflict?" I felt myself being backed up into a wall... Here we go, again.

"I'm having these...mixed feelings," once again, I felt his hot breath on my face, as his hands pinned both sides of me. "Can you help me with them? Please?"

"What would I get out of it?" I glared at the brunette, pushing my hair from my eyes.

"Something...you may...enioy..," he snickered.

Then, the next thing that happened...

~~~