Chapter 7: Why Did You Do That?

"I have...a bit of a...conflict. I need you...to help me solve..," Laurance's ridiculous smirk made a reappearance, once again.

"Oh? And, what is that conflict?" I felt myself being backed up into a wall... Here we go, again.

"I'm having these...mixed feelings," once again, I felt his hot breath on my face, as his hands pinned both sides of me. "Can you help me with them? Please?"

"What would I get out of it?" I glared at the brunette, pushing my hair from my eyes.

"Something...you may...enioy..," he snickered.

Then, the next thing that happened, was extremely...surprising.

Now, put yourself into my situation. You're lost, wandering for days on end, starved and parched, with no recollection of any of your memories. Suddenly, a hospitable stranger rescues you, and allows you a place in his home. After a few days, you are met with countless individuals. Some who, are kind, others...not so much. Now, take one of those random individuals you hath met- one who proclaims, hates everything about you, for no apparent reason. All of sudden, and out of the blue...his lips are placed upon yours, and he is...kissing you. Yes, that's right, Laurance is kissing me...

I stood in utter shock and confusion for a moment, unsure what to do. What are you supposed to do, when an individual you've known for barely twenty-four hours, is doing something such as this. I've never had to deal with this before! At least...I think so... Maybe?

My next reaction, was to hurt him, and push him off of me. And, you're right, I did just that. Laurance staggered backwards, chuckling to himself. I could merely stand there, continuously dragging a finger along my lips.

"Why...did you do that?" I glared at him, my heart racing.

"I told you, Gareth. I had a bit of a problem," Laurance smirked, walking back over to me. "You see...I have this feeling about you. Something about you seems...off, to me. I'm not sure, what was causing these conflicting feelings. And, I needed a quick solution."

"So, you figured that kissing me would solve that conflict?!" I snapped, not fond of what hath just occurred. "Also, the name is Garroth. Not Gareth. You've said it before."

"Same difference," Laurance laughed some more, leaning against the wall. "And...about the kissing you thing... I gotta say, you're a terrible kisser."

I rolled my eyes, scoffing, and crossing my arms. "You didn't answer my question," I mumbled.

"Yeah, it worked. Thanks," he started towards the door.

"What does that even mean?!"

"Come back downstairs, Weirdo. I'm sure Dante's concerned about you."

I groaned, storming after him. I was fed up with all of his nonsense. Irene, he's getting on my nerves! Maybe, I wouldn't mind being here, if he didn't exist! Why is he so against me? And, why does he...play with my emotions so much? It's...really confusing...and my heart hurts... Why, though?

~~~

"It was nice meeting you, Garroth," the boy, I recall being referred to as Vylad, waved goodbye to me.

"Uh...you as well, I suppose," I stepped out of Miss Aphmau's home, staring intently at the ground beneath me. "Farewell."

The other two spoke their goodbyes, and before I was aware, we were already beginning our walk back home. It was silent, aside from Dante's occasional humming. Which, by the way, was actually rather decent. I'm curious to hear what he sounds like, when he sings. I'm sure it's better than his laugh...