"Shall we go?" Peeta says, extending his unoccupied arm in front of him, letting me go first. I grab his arm, and pull him along behind me.

We walk to the fountain near the middle of the park, and sit down on the grass, watching for any sign of Finnick and Annie.

"Listen, Katniss, there's something I need to tell you," Peeta says. I look at him with a confused expression on my face, and nod for him to go on. "Well, I-," he starts, but is interupted by Finnick's loud voice booming across the park. Peeta and I both look over at him and see Annie on his back, laughing and bouncing with every step Finn takes. Peeta and I wave at them, then I look back to Peeta. "It's okay. It can wait," he says. I nod, and jump up to give Annie a hug, after she has parted from Finn's back.

"Hey, Kat!" Annie says.

"Hey! Come sit next to me," I say, pulling her down with me.

"What? No hug for your favorite person in the entire world?" Finnick whines.

"Santa is here?!" I yell sarcastically. Finnick pretends to look wounded and pouts. I stand back up and run to him, hugging him tightly. "I love you Finny!" I yell loudly with a funny voice.

"I love you, too, Kitty! How is my favorite sister doing this fine morning?" he yells with the same enthusiasm.

"I'm wonderful! How is my favorite brother?" I yell back keeping up the funny voice, and dropping from the hug.

"Eh, I would be better if Annie sat by me," he says, batting his eyes like a little girl.

"Fine," I say. We all sit in a circle with me between Peeta and Annie, and Finnick across from me.

"So, you two already knew each other before the Valentine's ball?" Annie asks. Peeta and I nod. "How did you meet?"

"Well," Peeta starts telling them about the day we met 7 years ago.

It was the first day of our sophmore year. I was walking to my new locker, when Brutus Williams, the "hottest senior" , was standing right in front of my locker with a few of his friends.

"Um, could you move about a foot and a half to your left, please," I asked him.

"Well, it'll cost you. Can I get your name and number?" he asked, with an obnoxious smile that made me want to slap him.

"How about no. Can I just get to my locker?" I asked again, trying not to lose my temper.

"That girl's name is Katniss. Katniss Everdeen, I think," one of his friends said.

"Well," Brutus said, "Kitty gets fiesty. I like that. How about you and me go to dinner on Friday night?"

"I don't even know you! Now move so I can get to my locker!" I yelled at him. He still didn't budge. Suddenly, I saw a boy with blonde curls and ocean blue eyes walking up. He walked about a foot past me, then turned and started putting in the combination to the locker right next to mine. This boy was absolutely gorgeous, and it gave me an idea. I didn't think it would work, because I had never even met this person before in my whole life. I could act like this dude was my boyfriend, but there were too many weird outcomes to that. The guy could be really weird, could be shy, may think I'm the stupidest person ever. I decided against the idea.

"I am not gonna move until you agree to go out with me," Brutus said. I almost forgot he was there.

"It is never going to happen Brutus! Forget it! I don't need to get to my locker anyway!" I said. As I was turning to go, I felt a hand grab my arm, stopping me from going any further. The hand let go, then went around my waist. I heard a whisper in my ear.

"My name is Peeta Mellark. Just go with this, okay?" the boy whispered. I slightly nodded and felt a kiss on my cheek that sent butterflies everywhere throughout my body. "Katniss, are these losers bothering you?" Peeta asked me.

"Um," I start, still a little confused as to what just happened, "yeah. This Brutus dude won't leave me alone. I have told him to move like three times and he refuses to unless I agree to go on a date with him."

"Ah, I see," Peeta said, looking at me, then up at Brutus. "This is my girlfriend. I don't want to see you anywhere near her again, got it? Good. Have a nice day, gentlemen," he said, then led me away from them.

"Thank you so much. I'm Katniss, by the way," I said when we were out of their earshot.

"Peeta. And, not a problem. If they ever bother you again, just let me know," he said.

"Thank you," I said again, not sure of what else to say. He chuckles.

"Well, would you mind if I sit with you at lunch?" he asked, and I could see a blush creeping its way on his face.

"I would love for you to sit with me. But, just a warning, I only have one friend, so it will only be the three of us," I said.

"Madge, right? The mayor's daughter?" he asked. I nodded. "Cool. We used to be neighbors, before her father became mayor, so I guess you could say we're old buddies. We never hung out or anything, just the occasional wave when we saw each other." I felt a pinch of jealousy in the pit of my stomach.

"Great," I said, looking up into his ocean blue eyes. I was going to say something, but his eyes distracted me. We were both just staring into each other's eyes for what felt like an eternity. The first bell ringing is what finally brought us to our senses. We both started blushing once we realised what had just happened.

Later that day, after having every class with him, we met up outside.

"Despite the fact that it was the first day of school, I had so much fun with you today," I said to Peeta with a smile. He smiled back.

"So... um.... uh.... I was wondering... um...," he started stuttering.

"Yeah," I said, so he knew that I had his attention and was waiting for him to continue.

"Will you, maybe, go out with me? I know we just met, but we have been together all day. I figured, if you could stand being with me for that long, than we were starting to become friends. If you don't want to, I completely understand," he said.

"Peeta," I said, he was looking down at his shoes. I lifted up his chin, so he had to look at me. "I would love to go out with you." I smiled really big, and so did he. He gave me a big hug, then walked me home.

"Awe! That was the most adorable story I have ever heard!" Annie screams. Peeta and I laugh at that.

Later, we decide to go get dinner, just the four of us. After we eat, Peeta takes me home.

"I can't believe you still remember the day we met," I say to him as he walks me to my door.

"Why wouldn't I? It was the best day of my entire life," he says, smiling. I blush.

"How? You had to deal with me all day?" I say as I unlock my door and walk in.

"Exactly," Peeta whispers. I turn around to look at him. He has definitely grown since we were in tenth grade. He is taller and muscular now. He was back then, too, but a lot more now. Probobly from lifting all sorts of heavy equipment, being a chef and all.

"I really did miss you, Peeta," I say walking up to him.

"You have no idea, the effect you can have," he says, grabbing my arm and pulling me to him. He takes my face in his hands, and leans his forehead to mine. "I missed you so much, Katniss," he whispers, closing the gap between our faces, kissing me.