16

I walked down the halls Monday morning, more like hobbled my way through the halls of the school and went to my locker to grab my calculus book

His eyes flickered to my lips. And my heart pounds against my chest. I think. A shiver runs down my spine as I remember his lips against mine. I could almost taste the peppermint from his mint he had in on the way to his house. It's been three days since me and Nathan talked and since the kiss. After that my phone ringed and I was needed home. Apparently Aunt Rachel was tired of not seeing me home and I needed to go ASAP.

But when I got home I found more fucking beaten up roses. On my bed. I'm not even safe anymore at my own house! Let alone school! My fists clenched and my jaw tightened. I am sick and tired always having to look over my shoulder. They possibly caused my broken leg. I am now walking around the school like fucking Bambi on steroids! Everyone has been giving me looks of pity. Word got out and the events that happened that day spread fast. I closed my locker with a little more force then needed and started walking towards calculus.

Then phone beeped and I look at the screen.

Aww poor baby having a hissy fit?
- M. & J.

" ARRUGH! " I growl as I slam my fist into the nearest locker causing everyone to look at me. " What the hell you guys looking at?! " I yell. Their eyes widen before turning the other way. I shove my phone in my pocket and speed walk my way towards class.

The bell rang and I sat where I usually sat. Next to Nathan. But he still wasn't here. Not out of the norm. But today it felt different.

" Good morning students. " Mr. Fitch says. I look up, trying to pay attention to Mr. Fitch. But everything that has happened this year is just filling up my brain. The notes, the fights, meeting Nathan, the kiss. Yeah, definitely one of my most eventful years in school.

" Ok Nathan is obviously absent- "

" Actually Mr. Fitch. I'm here. " Nathan's cold voice says. My head whips over to Nathan. He had another injury to sport. A bloody cut on his jawline and the space between his eye and nose. I stood up immediately.

" Mr. Fitch let me take Nathan to the nurse please. "

Yeah so I can chew his ass for starting another fight.

" No Lilia I'm fine. " Nathan growls. " Fine my ass. I'm taking you to the fucking nurse, now I suggest you dig out the stick that's up your ass and shut up. " The whole class gasps a little.

" Miss Smith language. " Mr. Fitch says.

Nathan's nostrils were flaring and his jaw was clenched. " Fine. " He mutters. I begin walking over to him before I hear a guy from the back of the class, Felix, say something that makes me and Nathan snap.