3

I walk into the lunch room looking for my friends. We usually sit towards the middle. So that's where I found them.

They were talking, Ashley was on her phone texting. Dylan was eating his pizza. Kyle was talking a a girl, flirting as usual. Nick and Riley looked like they were having a deep conversation.

I scanned across the lunch room, trying to find Nathan. Ever sense what happened last night, my mind was racing with questions and that note-holy shit the note.

Where did I put it? Ugh, I think shoved it in my pocket, which is in the hamper. At home. Great, anyone can see that. I can't risk anyone getting in danger. Because of me.

Memories of that night flash before my eyes, I shudder at the horrific memories. I push the memories back in my head and plaster a fake smile on my face, and walk over to the table.

I've been doing that for who knows how long. Usually they fall for it. They did this time. Thankfully.

" Hey Lilia, so what did you do last night? " Ashley chirps.

My whole body tenses right then and there. I bite my lip. " Uh nothing, really. Just chilling. I worked on homework too. " Ashley raises a eyebrow. No one seems to notice, except for her.

15 minutes into lunch, Ashley abruptly gets up. " I need to use the restroom. So does Lilia. " She states.

" What? " My mouth was full of the burrito I was eating. I quickly swallowed before back at her weird behavior.

" Yeah, you do. Brb guys! " She says plastering a fake smile.

She grabs my wrist and drags me out of the lunch room. I wince at her iron grip, she works out to keep in shape for cheer. So of course she's like the smaller version of she Hulk.

" Ashley! Where are we going? " I whisper yell.

Once no ones visible, Ashley let's go and spins around to face me. Determination in her eyes.

" Spill " She orders. I try to play dumb. I know exactly what's she asking. ' What happened last night ' but I don't think Nathan would wanting me to tell her about our little encounter last night. Plus I'm way too tired to tell her the full story. I don't really wanting my friends and family to get involved in this.

" What do you mean? " She roll her eyes and kisses her teeth. " Don't play dumb. You are hiding something, and the others might be too distracted to notice. But I can always see through your lies. So tell me what happened last night. "

" I don't know why you are so hell bent on this. Nothing's wrong. " I bite my lip harshly, while clenching and unclenching my fists. It's something I do to calm down my nerves.

" Something is wrong. And to answer your question, I'm just trying to be your friend. Your best friend. So please, just tell me. " She pleads.

I sigh. Running my fingers through my hair. Again biting my lip, I really need to break out of that habit. " I saw Nathan " Her eyes widen.

" Nathan Parker? You mean the one that goes to our school? " She asks shocked. I nod my head.

" He was bruised and beaten, somebody kicked him out of the car from far away, and threw a bottle, he head was covered in blood. " She puts a hand over her mouth.

" What did you do? "

" I cleaned him up of course. You know my background with medicine. " I mumble the last part. " And then? " She questioned.

" He was being a complete ass, but not much happened. " I say. " What was he doing there anyways. He lives across town. Where most of the hood junkies live. "