14

I was walking into school when someone grabbed me from behind.

Oh wait, that was Ashley.

Her iron grip leads me over to the janitors closet. " Ashley what the hell are you doing? " I protest. She doesn't say anything and shoves me in there. I stepped into darkness before I hear Ashley close and lock the door behind her. She switches the lights on. I turn to see her with her arms crossed. Oh shit.

" Why are you looking at me like that? " I stall. She rolls her eyes. " You know exactly why Smith. " She retorts. " No...I don't. "

" Are you serious? " She asks. Her eyebrow raised. " Yeah... "

" You are spending the week with Nathan! " She flings her arms around. My eyes bulge.

" H-how do y-you know? " I stutter. Good job Lilia. Now she definitely will know! " Because I literally saw you yesterday get into his car with him. I mean come on! I'm surprised no one has noticed! " She says in frustration.

" I sorry Ashley, really. But it just slipped from my mind. "

" Were you even planning on telling me this? " She asks. I stood there frozen. She was not happy at all. I felt bad for not telling her this. And to be honest, I wasn't planning on telling anyone. I guess I was being selfish and I just thought people were gonna think of us as a couple. Which we weren't. We were just... acquaintances, I think.

But knowing Nathan we were probably not even that. He most likely thinks I'm just some girl who's helping him out with his kid. ( Which by the way, she's super adorable. )

" So you are just gonna stand there and not tell me anything are you? " She asks. I couldn't find the right words. And even if I could, I don't think I would be able to speak. My throat felt dry and I was biting my lip like crazy. I started cracking my knuckles and even when I already cracked them all, I still messed with my fingers.

" Fine don't tell me anything Lilia. " She puts her hands up and starts walking backwards before turning around and opens the janitors door. " Wait Ashley! " I manage to find my voice but she only ignores me I was already out of the closet and I see her walking in the distance. Dylan goes up to her with a smile but it fades when Ashley shoves away from  him and goes to class.

I sigh. Great she is now pissed off. The bell rang so I ran over to my next class, which was all the way across the school.

...
At the beginning of lunch I try to sit next to Ashley but she rolls her eyes and scoffs under her breath.

Well shit what crawled up your ass?

I roll my eyes as well, before getting up. Telling her " If you are going to act like a bitch all day then I will go somewhere else. " and I went to sit with the boys.

I furiously sit next to Tyler before grabbing a fry off his tray and eating it. He looks at me like I just murdered his pet fish Peroy.

AN: If anyone got that YouTuber reference, comment on this😉

" My...fricking...FRIES! " Tyler screams. " Not in the mood Ty, I'm pissed off. " I groan. " I have been waiting for those fries forever! "

" You have been wanting those fries since this morning. " Chase says. " Wait Lilia, why are you mad? " Damon asks. Concern filling his eyes. " Nothing, me and Ashley got into a disagreement this morning. " I say, not wanting to go into too much detail. Mostly because Nathan shot me a look that said Don't tell the boys about you are staying over.