5

I stood there, frozen in my tracks. They have been in my room. I walk over to him and snatch it away from him. I ripped the envelope open and quickly read through it.

I remember Kyle...such a sweet boy. Why don't you go for him? Instead of the Nathan kid. He's a bitch. Anyways, made you choice yet? The clocks ticking...

- You dearest parents

I shudder in disgust as anger boils in my blood. The had the nerve to say ' Dearest Parents '. I look back at Kyle who has a curious and concern look on his face. " Lilia...you ok? Is that something I should worry about? " He asks.

" No. not at all. It's just, a note. " I say from the top of my brain. He slowly nods but decides to drop it. I sigh quietly. He moves over to the couch in my room, says night and literally passes out once his head hits the pillow. I chuckle before taking the note and bringing out my shoebox and putting it in there.

I hop on my bed after I put up the shoebox.

Today's was one hell of a day. I really don't want to go to school tomorrow. I can't handle anymore stress. I haven't been getting much sleep. Afraid that I will see my parents in my room. My stomach knots just at the thought of them getting anywhere near my friends, family.

I twist and turn all night. Trying to block out the thoughts swirling around in my head.

Why did my parents do this? Why? They were in jail, how in hell could they of escaped? They shouldn't of. Why did they abuse me and Riley? Were we ever bad to them?

No. We weren't.

My mind flashes back to when me and Riley were kids. I was five, she was three.

I was wearing a yellow sparkling dress. It was Belle's from ' Beauty and the beast '. Riley was wearing Cinderella's dress that reached her toes and her hair was in a bun. I had my hair curled. Riley was playing with Nick. He was Prince Charming to match Riley's. Kyle was dressed up as Aladdin while Dylan and Ashley had matching ' Sleeping Beauty ' outfits.

It was Ashley's birthday party and we all dressed up as Disney characters for her theme. Of course we were kids and didn't care what other people thought.

Her party was at a park on the edge of town. Near Hoodlum city. Dylan was pushing Ashley on the swings. I was running around with Kyle and Riley and Nick were in the sand pit. Our parents were laughing and taking pictures of us. My mom and dad were there.

And they were happy

This was before the abuse. They would spoil me and Riley with toys and games and took us everywhere. I loved them. They loved me.

Until one day they didn't.

It was after the first time they beaten me with a stick for not cleaning up right. I had whip marks all over my body and I was crying on the pavement. I ran off to god knows where. I knew I was near Hoodlum city. But I honestly didn't care.

Until a little boy around my age came up to me. I felt his presence and I looked up at him. He had light brown eyes that were so captivating. He was missing a tooth but it made him cuter when he would smile. I have seen him around. But never put much thought into it. His hair was messy with bed head. But it made him 10x cuter.

He looked at my tear stained face and tilted his head to the side.

" Why are you crying? " He said in a sweet voice. " My mommy and daddy hit me. " I said sniffing. He sat down and stared at the ground. But then looked up back at me. " It's ok, my daddy hits me too. You get used to it. " He said quietly.