Chapter Thirty-Three

"My favorite color is yellow. I like Ariana Grande and I like to sing." Izzy explained to her father as she sat on his lap. The two had been talking the entire day about everything under the sun. It was amusing to watch.

Mila watched them from a far. She didn't want to invade their privacy. They needed some catching up to do and Mila needed time to herself to think. After her conversation with Cassandra, Mila felt like a ton of bricks had been placed on her shoulders.

Go home or state here?

She kept repeating the question inside her head until it began to throb and she needed to take an aspirin.

"Is this seat taking?" Val asked coming up to Mila who sat alone outside. Mila shook her head and offered her the seat next to her.

"So, I don't want our friendship to be broken because the father of my child turned out to be your boyfriend." Val spoke while fiddling with her fingers.

Mila was her only true friend at the moment and you don't find someone as honest as her often. It would kill Val to be all alone with no one to talk to who wasn't just a sex buddy.

"Why would you think our friendship would fall apart?" Mila questioned before grabbing her glass of water and bringing to her lips.

"Well for starters the hostility between Xavier, his sister, and anybody who is close to you guys. I'm not anybody's favorite person right now." Val told Mila. Her voice sounded as if it was about to break at any given moment.

The encounter she had earlier with Xavier made her feel like a shitty person. She'll be the first to admit that telling Xavier that she was pregnant should have been her number one priority after she found out and it was. She hadn't realize that she was with child until she was already in California. She tried contacting Xavier a few times, but he always seemed busy and his roommate at the time would tell her that.

The last time she tried contacting him. The roommate told her to just stop trying to contact him because he had already moved on. A hurt Val complied. She figured he wouldn't believe her if she had told him. She had a feeling that he thought she was crazy because how clingy and overprotective she was back then, but she had mellow out over the past few years.

"Xavier can't be mad at you forever. I'm sure once you guys workout your co-parenting plans he'll make it an effort to keep you guys on good terms. I don't know how many times Izzy has explained to him how much she loves you. If he hurts you, he'll hurt her and that's not want he wants. Xavier is a good man." Mila assured Val.

The Latina woman sighed at her friend then gave her a smile.

"I hope you're right about Xavier, but what about his sister?"

Mila waved her hand in a dismissive way at Val. Rae wouldn't be an issue. She's mostly just in her feelings that Mila had build a bond with Val.

"She won't be an issue. At least not for you. I'll handle her." Mila smiled back at Val who unexpectedly wrapped her hands around Mila in a hug.

"Thank you for being a good friend." Val told her after the hug ended.

"Well, what do have going on over here? Mila don't tell me you're on the down low." Malcolm stated in an amused tone as he approached the two. Mila groaned at him. She made a shooing motion with her hand before telling him, "Go away Malcolm. I'm not in the mood to play games with you today."

Malcolm ignored her comment and took a seat across from her and Val. His body blocked the view of Xavier and Izzy which made Val feel at ease. She knew that Xavier was aware of Mila and her's conversation and that he was looking at them through peripheral.

"Hello, I'm Malcolm. Don't know if I have already introduced myself to you. If I did, I don't remember." Malcolm told Val. She waved her manicured hand at him.

"Hi." She spoke lowly.

"Well, earlier was fun right?" Malcolm started and Mila instantly knew where he was getting at and she wasn't here for it. Him and Rae needed to leave Val alone if they wanted to continue be her friends. She honestly was tired of their childish games.

"Malcolm fuck off. I'm not going to tell you again."

Malcolm raised his hands up in surrender.

"Relax damn. I was just trying to make conversation. No need to get your panties in a twist."

"Well, change the subject."

Malcolm shocked his head at Mila. He was stunned at the fact that she had snapped on him, but blamed it on the high levels of stress she had been going through.

"Ok, how is work life? It must be fun being on television." He questioned the two.

"It's cool. Not that big of a deal." Mila answered then took another sip of her glass of water. There was a thick level of tension between her and Malcolm now.

Val suddenly felt unwanted and decided to take a trip to the restroom. She excused herself leaving Malcolm and Mila alone.

"Do you and Rae have to be asses twenty four seven?" Mila asked Malcolm once Val was out of earshot.

"What? I just wanted to come over here and start conversation with you two." Defended Malcolm.

"No. You wanted to be messy." Mila corrected, earning a roll of the eyes from Malcolm.

"Whatever. Look, I don't want to start no beef with you. You're going through too much for us to fall out. If I offended you, I'm sorry just please don't be like that."?

"I'm not the one you need to apologize to." Mila told him as she glanced back towards the house where Val had ran to.

Malcolm sighed before getting out of his seat and starting his journey to the Latina.

Mila sighed watching his back as he entered the home. Her eyes then met Xavier's who she could feel staring at her. It seemed as if he was asking her if everything was ok through his eyes. She shook her head at him then focused on finishing the rest of her water.

Everything was fine. It was just peachy.

Another Chapter for you guys. Hoped you enjoyed. Like, comment, and share if you did. You guys know I love hearing your feedback.

Until Next Time.