34: Together

*London

-The next day

Today was my six weeks check up, and after my antics, that I pulled yesterday, I’m pretty sure Chris is upset with me.

Getting up this morning Chris was up before me of course and he had the kids dressed, fed and even took them to school. I was now stuck, getting dressed within the time frame of him dropping all three of them off and until he comes back. After washing my body, and doing something to my head. I started to get dressed. My hair was starting to grow back, and I dyed it a brown color. A new hair dew, a new you. Searching through my closet, I thought about Seriko. I needed to go through my closet and color coordinate everything, give away things I don’t wear and then get my little baby’s nursery together. She normally helps me do that.

Grabbing a pair of light washed skinny jeans, and a black slightly cropped top, I then settled on a pair of black Tory Burch flats with my rose gold Michael Korse watch to add a pop of color. Turning off all the bedroom lights and grabbing my phone and Michael Korse purse I made my way to the kitchen to grab a bottle of water. Upon opening my water I got an incoming call from my mother.

Surprise, surprise.

“Hello.” I spoke into the transmitter of my Iphone.

“Hello, love.” I heard the smile in her voice

“Hi mommy. How are you?” I asked hopping on the counter. I haven’t talked to her in a few weeks, so I know she was about to get on my case about not contacting her.

“I’m fine, but I would be a little better if my daughter and son-in-law called me more often.” She said

I could picture her standing in the middle of the kitchen with her hand on her hip and the phone pressed to her ear with a slight mug. And y’all wonder where I get my attitude from.

“Well Chris and I have been busy.” I mumbled

...It probably doesn’t help that I have yet to tell her that I’m pregnant.

“Busy doing what?” She asked

Laughing lightly I replied to my nosey mother. “With the kids, and work…A few weeks ago Tae came here for Mariah-” She cut me off before I could finish

“Aw lawd, don’t tell me that child got her?” She said

“No, Chris is taking her to court.” I rolled my eyes just thinking about it.

“Well, good.” She said

“What?! You think he should?” I asked shocked

“Yeah, it’s only so much you two can do. Let the court handle that chile.” She said more than likely waving me off.

“I guess. And Nip asked me about seeing the kids.” I said

“And…” She trailed off

“What you mean and? I said yes.” I said

“Did you talk to your husband about it?” She asked making me roll my eyes again.

“Yeah.” I muttered

“I don’t know what’s wrong with y’all kids these days. Wanting to be married, but not knowing the game.” She chuckled as if it was truly funny.

“Yeah ma…I don’t know what’s wrong with us.” I replied smartly

“I’m serious. But I’ll be on your side of town.” She said

“Really for what?” I asked

“Why you being nosey?” She asked making me almost chock. Me nosey? When she’s been giving me 3rd degree. This woman.