16: Christmas morning

*Chris

Christmas Day

Staring at the bright Christmas tree ahead of me I brought my eggnog up to my lips. I was the only one woke at 6:20

on Christmas day. Ever since I started having kids I could never really get sleep on Christmas. Furthermore this year this Christmas just feels complete.

Looking at all the presents that sat underneath the white and purple Christmas tree I couldn’t help but feel proud of London and myself. We got everything the kids could possible want on top of gifts from both our parents. We were truly blessed to do all this. Feeling someone tug on my leg I looked down to see Mariah standing beside me wiping the sleep out of her eyes.

“Merry Christmas baby girl.” I smiled at her handing her my cup of eggnog.

“Merry Christmas daddy!” She smiled toothless at me. Around 6 is the age I started loosing teeth, and she was no different. She looked just like Tae and I. Long black hair and smooth skin with freckles.

“Can we open our presents from Santa dad?” She looked up at me after she took a long sip of eggnog

“We gotta go wake mommy and your brother and sister.” I bent down to her size

“Okay daddy.” She hugged me before running off. Shaking my head I went to King room to see him up trying to get out his crib. “Hey my mans.” I grinned at him as his eyes lit up and he held his arms up

“Good morning my mans.” I said in a baby voice making him laugh.

This was my lil mans. I loved this kid to death. We most definitely need to have another boy cause we out numbered with these girls.

Picking him up I smelt his diaper. “Aw man King what did you eat?” I joked

Laying him down on his changing table I changed him quickly then put him on a new onesie.

“Let’s go see if mommy up.” I mumbled more to myself. Last night we got into a bit of trouble if you know what I mean...so I was letting her rest.

Stopping by Morgan room I seen her sitting on the floor trying to put her sock on.

“Merry Christmas monster M.” I said grabbing her attention

“M Christmas papa.” She said standing up with only one of her slipper boots on

“Where you other shoe?” I asked her

She never know where he stuff at. Like never. I wonder where she get that from.

She looked around her now clean room point to the corner. “THERE!” She yelled

“Get it then.” I laughed at her as she ran to get her shoe. After slipping it on we stopped by Mimi room as she was brushing her hair into a ponytail. I swear she was just like her mama.

“You ready Rye?” I asked her making her look at me through the mirror

“Yeah. Hold up dad.” She said as she tied a bow around her hair. Who she was trying to look cute for? I have no clue.

“We opening our presents without you Rye.” I lied to get her to hurry up

“Come ON Rye!” Morgan tiny voice yelled

“Rye!” King threw his hands up making it 10x funnier because 10 times out 10 he didn’t know what was even going on.

“Okay, Okay I’m coming. Sheesh.” She said sounding just like London.

“You ready lil girl.” I asked her lastly

“Yeah.” She said taking my hand    

All four of us walked down to our room looking like a mini wrestling team. As soon as I pushed the door the girls wasted no time to run and jump on London.