12: They don't know pt.1

*London

Sunday December, 22nd

Tapping my fingers on the steering wheel to Rico Love 'They don't Know' while I drove to down town New York to meet Karrueche for lunch.

She called me up this morning to see if we could eat. Of course I said yes...because I love food. Plus she seems really sweet. Yesterday she and Seiko helped me with the kids while Chris and I went on a date night. I think I made the choice hiring her.

After the ended Tupac 'picture me rollin' came on. I loved pac with a passion. People think just because I'm from New York I'm suppose to rock with biggie...don't get me wrong biggie nice, but he ain't no tupac. Chris got me on to pac. The song was interrupted by a phone call. Looking down at my phone then back at the road I hit the answer button.

"Hello this is London Brown." I spoke not knowing who was the caller

A deep chuckle was clearly heard. Nipsey.

"Why is that every time you call me, you're laughing?" I shook my head

"Did I offend you baby girl?" He asked sending chills down my spin.

"What's up?" I asked never minding his questions.

He chuckled again but answered my question.

"I was just calling to check up on and the kids." He said. I believed him.

"They're good." I said stopping at a stop light

"And how are you?" He asked

"Fine." I short replied him

"That's good. How's Chris?" He asked

I wasn't sure if he really cared or he was trying to be funny.

I guess telling by my silence he confirmed.

"I'm serious London. How y'all doing?" He said. I guess you can say I'm easy to still read.

"He's fine." I said not knowing what to say.

"That's good too. I heard he poppin it off up there with the tattoo shop." He laughed as if he knew something I didn't.

"Yeah, his shop is amazing." I smiled just thinking of my papi's shop. Pulling off onto my destination.

"I'm happy for y'all. Glad he can be there while I'm not." He chuckled again.

You would have thought he was talking to Kat williams by the way he was laughing.

"Oh." I rolled my eyes

I didn't like the fact he was laughing...cause truth be told wasn't shit funny.

"Come on London I don't mean no harm." He said seriously

"Yeah I hear you." I muttered turning into the parking lot of this cute little restaurant.

"Any way I got some stuff coming to you for the kids for Christmas." He said

Shaking my head from left to right as if he could see me.

"No, they're fine." I declined

"London, I'm sending them something. Period. So be on the look out." He said ending the conversation

"Okay. I'll talk to you later." I said trying to get off the phone.

"Wait...can you do something for me?" He asked

"What?" I snapped

I'm so annoyed, he shouldn't have this type of effect on me.

"Over the course of the holidays can you go see P in L.A?" He asked and my heart melted. I missed her dearly.

"Of course." I agreed fairly quickly

"I already told Keyshia and she cool with that. Thank you. I really mean it." He said and for the first time in a long time I could hear the hurt in his voice. He and Chris is similar more than they like to think. They both are great fathers, have the same foolish pride and both had my heart. I guess I fall for the same type...

"No problem. I'll call you when I go." I said

"Iight." He said

"Wait Nip...how are you able to call me if you in jail?" I asked the question that burned in the back of my head

He chuckled "I got my ways. I may be in jail, but I still run shit." He said earning a nod because he was right.

"Well alright love. I'll call you in a few. In time take care of yourself and stay prayed up." I said sending him positive words

"Thanks baby." He said before hanging up. How did I find myself here. I gotta tell Chris.

Gathering my things I got out the car and went inside the restaurant to see Kae.

"Hello love!" I greeted her

"Hi lady." She stood up revealing her sexy outfit. She wore a white shirt-dress with a pair of slayed heels. She looked amazing.

"This is cute." I said looking around

"Isn't it?" She smiled sitting back down

"How you been?" I asked

"Good. You?" She asked in return

"Great." I smiled

"You look good by the way." She compliment making me look down at the pair of shorts I wore, red laced crop top and red louboutins.

"Thank you doll, I try." I joked

We ordered and made conversation

"So how old are you?" I asked

"25. You?" She smiled

"22" I answered

"Damn I got you by three years." She laughed

"You mad old!" I joked

"You think 25 is old?" She asked

"Yeah." I grinned

"You just too young." She said sounding like me when I told that to Austin.

"Whatever old woman." I said just as our food came. We both dug in not talking at all.

******

"That was good wasn't it?" Kae asked as our waiter took our empty plates away

"Yes. I'ma have to come here again with you." I laughed

The food was too good. Had me like...

She laughed "for sure." She picked up her phone as I did the same.

I had a good day, it was good to have a new friend. We talked a lot about our selves.

"What you doing later on today?" I asked

"Nothing probably." She replied looking up from her phone

"You welcome to come Christmas shopping with me." I offered

She looked at me "Nah I couldn't." She said

"It's fine. Your always invited." I said

"Thank you, but I can't. It was really nice having lunch with you. See you tomorrow at work." She said standing up grabbing her purse throwing a dew 20's on the table rushing out.

What the hell?

*Karrueche

Closing the door I started the car and pulled off.

I had to decline her offer I'm starting to be around her too much and that ain't good.

I really like London she's so beautiful , but she's married with kids and...she's not gay.

It's hard having feelings for your boss and they have no idea.

Hopefully I'll get over this little crush without her knowing.

What she don't know won't hurt her.

*******

Kae & her outfit is in the side bar. Comment let me know what y'all thinking.