Chapter 1

Sitting on the couch watching reruns of SOA was going to be my evening, I had my pizza, my beer, my show and of course Gator curled up on the couch next to me. Gator is my pit bull weighing in at a good 120lbs and taking up most of the couch. Just when I had gotten myself comfortable I heard Evie calling my name.

"Scar, stop what you're doing and get ready we're going out tonight." Evie had on a short army green dress that went great with her mocha skin tone and black combat heels that helped her short stature.

"Cmon Evie, Gator and I just got comfortable." I reached over petting gators head as he nuzzled further into my side.

"Okay this is sad, it's Friday night and your cuddled up on the couch with your dog....besides I've got passes to that new casino that opened downtown so get up"

Ugh I hate it when she's right. I turned to look at gator who was sleeping peacefully. "Alright fine but how did you get passes it's suppose to be invite only tonight for the grand opening right?" She gave me a devious smile and simply stated "Ehh I lifted them off some hot shots who came into the bar earlier they didn't tip so now they don't get to play" I burst out laughing I don't know why I would expect anything less from her.

Getting up from my spot on the couch gator gave me a little grunt. "I'm sorry buddy I'll cuddle with you tomorrow." I pat him on the head and ran into my room to get ready.

After a nice hot shower and blow drying my hair I curled it the best I could with how long it was and began getting dressed. I decided on a red crop with my black leather jacket with a pair of black ripped jeans and my black thigh high boots. Some studded jewelry and the make up to match with a smokey eye and a dark red lip. I was definitely feeling myself tonight.

"Daayyyyuuum girl you look hot, what's it the crazy kids say these days? On fleek?" I couldn't help but laugh we were in our mid 20's but still didn't use ridiculous words like Fleek.

"Okay if you say that again I'm really not going". We both laughed and headed out the door toward the Casino.

"So what's this place called anyway?" She shrugged at me. And I looked at her with confusion.

"It was some really long name on the invite but I'm pretty sure the buzz around town said it's called the Grand Jewel Casino and Hotel."

Well that sure sounds fancy. Pulling up to the casino I realized I sure was right. It was huge with lights and fancy cars everywhere. Men and women dressed in suits and cocktail dresses walking inside.

"Uh Evie I think we're really underdressed." She looked around at what I was seeing and just shrugged her shoulders. "Oh well we're here now let's work what we got."

Here I am at this fancy Casino dressed like a biker bitch and Evie looking like a slutty army brat and we're suppose to blend in? Fuck it let's go. We parked my truck toward the front for safety reason and proceeded to the long line of people waiting to get in.

"Evie we've been waiting for what feels like an hour let's just go down to the Red Dog and get a beer." I was getting frustrated standing in line surrounded by all of these people and not moving. Just when we were about to give up a very large man came out from inside and yelled to the crowd. "Everyone with a Gold pass please move to the front of the line to be let inside." Evie immediately pulled out our passes to check.

"Oh my god cmon Scar they're gold let's go." Rushing up to the front we handed the very large man our passes and got checked by security. "You ladies have fun VIP is straight up those stairs" we nodded our heads and walked in.

I turned my head to look at Evie once we were in the lobby. "Did you know that these were VIP passes?" She looked shocked.