t w e n t y

• • G A H Y E O N • •

Jimin approached me, leading me to the others who already headed to the second floor.

I walked slowly, following Jimin towards the stairs. But something stopped me when I heard a female voice mentioning my name.

"Gahyeon?"

I freezed as I heard the honey-like voice, calling my name.

When Jimin sensed that I stopped he turned to me, asking what was wrong. But I didn't answer, and kept silent.

I slowly turned my head towards the voice, seeing the person I didn't had the chance to live with, to grow up with, or even share happy memories with... Not until now.

"U-nnie?" I asked, my eyes widening with disbelief.

"Gahyeon..." She smiled as she ran towards me, giving me a hug. "I finally found you."

I got caught off guard as she hugged me. I never felt so protected in my whole life, this hug is all I needed since I came here.

So I hugged back, closing my eyes, preventing it to burst into tears. I really want to show my emotions of how happy I am but I didn't really want to show that I'm a weakling in front of my sister.

"Yoohyeon unnie..." I breathed out as I hugged her tightly, not wanting to let go.

I felt her hands go through my hair as she ruffled it gently. "Oh my gosh, I didn't expect to see you here or recognize you either."

I pulled out from the hug, a wide smile creeping on my face as I nodded.

"How did you even find me?" She said, cupping my cheeks, with a bright smile on her face.

"I got help from some close friends..." I said, looking at Jimin's direction who smiled at me from a distance. "And they escorted me here just to find you. I would have never done this without them."

"Really?" She said, giving a bit of a surprised expression. "Where are they? I want to personally thank them." She look sideways, looking for the guys.

I was about to say that they were upstairs but before I could even have a chance to talk, I heard a squeal coming from the stairs.

"How did a grasshopper get here!?" I saw Jin running down the stairs, Jungkook following him while holding a grasshopper in his hand. While the others was casually walking down the stairs laughing at the sight.

I mentally face palmed as I looked at them. Well I guess... That was a good first impression.

"Is that them?" Yoohyeon unnie asked, pointing at the guys, having a very flustered expression.

"Yes." I huffed out as I felt the secondhand embarrassment.

I looked at them once again, watching them fool around. Jimin on the other hand was pretending not to know them whilst walking towards my direction.

"Okay... But are you sure that's them?" Yoohyeon unnie asked, her mouth wide open as if she's gonna say something again. "... Because it doesn't look like they're normal people."

"I know unnie, I know." I said nodding my head, crossing my arms as we watched the guys play around.

And I thought they were here for their job.

"Hello~" Jimin greeted as he held out his hand to my sister which Yoohyeon unnie gladly held. "I'm Park Jimin, the normal one in the group." He said, smiling.

"Liar," I whispered to him which made him hit me on my side.

"It's nice to meet you. I'm Yoohyeon," She smiled back, pulling out her hand from Jimin's grip. "So are your friends normal too?" Unnie asked jokingly, pointing once again at the boys who were playing around.

"Kinda?" Jimin said in an unsure tone, shrugging his shoulders.

-----

I had a long conversation with the guys, telling them all the things I had to say to them because, god, they were tiring to be with sometimes.

They apologized to me, and told me that they'll be more mature in the future, which is something really impossible in my opinion. So I forgave them and let them do anything they want because I will have some quality time with my sister in my room.

So we left the guys in the living room, while Yoohyeon unnie and I went straight for her room.

She made me sit on her bed, while she took something from her closet.

"Here..." She said, handing me a well-made dreamcatcher.

"What is this for?" I asked, my brows furrowing as I took the dreamcatcher from her hand.

I got really flustered since this is so out of the blue in my opinion.

"It's just something you need, especially now." Her smile faded away, and was replaced by a serious expression. "I know that they are haunting you too."

Too? So that means she is also a victim. Which is not at all surprising.

"What for though?"

"I can't say it now. Just don't lose this, it's important. I will give your friends too to be sure," Yoohyeon unnie said, sitting beside me, ruffling my hair once again.

"Okay..." I said looking at the dreamcatcher on my hands. I was curious on what purpose it could give. But I will not ask anymore because unnie looked so serious by just giving it to me. So asking is not really a good idea.

"So, how was your life without me?" She asked, her smile coming back to her face.

"It was a mix of happiness and emotional shit. Mostly emotional shit," I said with a bit of sarcasm in my tone. Our conversation was a little bit awkward at first since we didn't see each other for years now. But as it continues, we got comfortable with each other.

We talked about our everyday lives, and the happy memories we've experienced whilst we were separated.

It was really unthinkable that another one of my sisters survived the incident. I actually lost hope in the past, knowing that none of my sisters will still alive. But nonetheless, she was here, and I was thankful for it.

"So..." I breathed out, really hesitant at question that I will ask.

Yoohyeon unnie, looked up to me, her smile being the source of my energy today. I really didn't want to wipe off that grin on her face but I had to know the truth.

"... How exactly did you survive?" I looked down, twiddling my fingers. Scared of what reaction she may give, upon asking that sensitive question.

Unexpectedly, she let out a small chuckle. "Well, Gahyeon-ah... It's really a long story and I find it as a miracle that I'm thankful for." She said, her smile slowly fading away. 

"Why? What happened?" I asked boldly.

"It all started when you escaped..."

-----

well now you know ╮(╯▽╰)╭