e i g h t

"How are you sure Ms. Lee?" Taehyung asked without hesitating one bit, which caught Gahyeon's mom off guard.

"I-I just am. Sorry but I can't answer your question. There are just things in this world which shouldn't be known even further." She answered sternly, having a very serious face which scared Jungkook a little. He wanted to stop his hyungs from questioning Gahyeon's mom, knowing that they will be stubborn, and ask more.

"Hyungs, I thin-" Jimin looked at him, gesturing for him to stop but Jungkook pleaded with his eyes which the other boy just ignored.

Jimin cleared his throat. "With all due respect Ms. Lee but you said that you'll tell us everything, and that's not everything."

"I know, sorry but I'm not sure If I should say it to you guys. I don't want to... make another mistake."

Taehyung narrowed his eyes, sensing that there was something fishy about the adult's actions. She looked calm while conversing with the boys but her hands can be seen shivering a little when observed quietly.

"Hyu-" Jungkook was about to interfere again, until...

THUD!

Something was heard from upstairs, specifically Gahyeon's room which was just nearby.

Ms. Lee gulped knowing that another bad thing has happened in her household. She lowered her face, while the boys are busy turning their heads toward the noise. She was breathing rapidly, gripping her neck, feeling an unknown force inside of her.

Jungkook who turned his head back first saw the immediate change that happened to Gahyeon's mom. He widened his eyes in horror when he saw that the color of her eyes became white for a split-second, smirking at him. She tilted her head, mumbling something which could barely be understood. Jungkook fell silent that time, he didn't know what to do. He wanted to shout but there was no voice coming out. He wanted to run but he found it hard to move as if someone is pinning him on his seat.

But before the other boys could see it, the woman looked normal again the moment they turned their heads. As if nothing happened.

"Hyung." Jungkook held on Jimin's jacket, looking scared but the other boy just gave him a look before putting back his attention to the young woman.

"Oh by the way... I would love you to talk to Gahyeon but I think this is the wrong time." She smiled, not aware of what just happened.

"We understand, Ms. Lee. Sorry for asking, we just wanted the best for your daughter." Jimin said, nodding.

"We can just take our lea-" The boys were about to stand up but was stopped.

"Wait." The woman stopped them. She gulped once again, feeling eerie all of the sudden. She was hesitating to talk but words came out from her mouth unknowingly. "I think this may be our last time to see each other. So before you go, I will give you something important."

The woman stood up and left for a few minutes and came back, holding a large book on her hands. She gave it to the boys, and smiled. "I am giving you this because I feel like you boys are actually capable of doing something I couldn't for the last 15 years. Just please don't open that book here, once you return to your home that is the right time to open this." She bowed her head to the flustered boys, giving them a sign for them to leave.

But before that the woman held Jungkook's arm. "And to you Jungkook... please take good care of my baby. Don't let anything bad happen to her."

The boy, who got more flustered, just nodded his head.

Why would she say that? He asked himself, and shrugged it off after.

The three boys bowed their heads out of respect to the woman despite her weird behavior. And after that, they left carrying the large book which was given to them.

While for Gahyeon's mom, she watched them walk off. A tear went down her cheek while she was smiling, mumbling something. "Dear, I will finally follow you there. Don't worry about Gahyeon, she will be on good hands." She said with her eyes closed.

After that she went upstairs, and opened the door to Gahyeon's room. The young girl was asleep, but her whole room was a mess-a very big mess. Gahyeon looked very precious while sleeping, she was in peace.

The woman walked to Gahyeon, and kissed her on the forehead. "Be brave..." She whispered, caressing the young girl's head.

After that she put her hand on her pocket, and took out a piece paper-it was a letter. "I knew this day would come." She placed it on Gahyeon's nightstand, muttering. And after that she looked back at her daughter.

She remembered everything.

All of the things that happened to Gahyeon since her childhood was terrifying. All she wanted to do is to protect her daughter from all of it, but she failed miserably.

The woman began feeling nauseous, but she still smiled. But this time tears are endlessly falling from her cheeks.

She ran off away from the young girl's room, afraid of waking her up, and bothering her any further.

Gahyeon's mom stepped down the stairs, heading down to the comfort room. She felt more dizzy every step she makes, and her vision getting blurrier. She found it hard to move, feeling the unknown force wrapping her body again. It was making it hard for the poor woman to breath.

Then, she found herself coughing up blood while falling down the stairs.

She didn't control her body anymore.

She didn't feel anything.

She's dying slowly.

And before her last breath, she whispered something, tears still pouring down her cheeks.

"It's starting."

-----

too dark? sorry im just too emo today

btw starting today the chapters will get shorter (probably), because im getting busier and busier everyday.

I know this a shitty chapter. Sorry :(