13°.°

I start walking down the stairs and, who I think is my dad's friend, eyes go right to my arms.
      I look at my arms just relizing I was wearing short sleeve and she could see my risin scars.
       I turn beat red I put my arms behind my back.
       "H-hello," I say to the lady still staring at me.
      "Uh,oh, hello Tyler. I'm Laura and this is my son, joshua." She says smiling motioning to the boy next to her.
       I look over and see the green haired boy I seen at school.
       "Hello, josh." I say quietly.
       Josh's attention shot towards me.
      "Oh, hi Tyler nice to see you again." He smiles.
      I see the scars on his arms too. I feel less embarrassed now.
        My dad comes up to and whispers in my ear.
       "Son, are you gonna eat with us today, you don't have to, just say you just ate or something if you don't want them to notice."
       I see joshes face turn to confusion, and his mother looked confused also.
       I started feeling awkward.
       "N-no I'll just hang around," I say to my dad.
       "Okay, well dinners done," my dad cheers to make the awkward tension go away.
       Everyone heads to the table. 
       I sit next to my dad and Josh sits across from me by his mom.
       They serve their plates while I watch.
       "Aren't you gonna eat too honey," Laura asks.
     "N-no, I-I ate already. I'm not h-hungry." I say quietly.
     "Okay," she smiles.
°°°
     The rest of the time was just Laura and my dad talking.
       "I'm sorry about my mom making it awkward with her questions and her staring. She just, can't help herself. She's used to me having my problems but she just thinks others shouldn't have to go through it, she feels bad for people like me." Josh says.
      "It's okay, I'm just not used to seeing people like me and showing off my arms around people not even Jenna has seen my arms." I say looking at josh.
      Josh crossed his legs on my bed. "Are you guys dating? She seems to really like you." Josh says smiling.
      "No! We're just good friends. I like her. No I don't! Not like that. I mean I do,she's beautiful, and perfect. But I don't like her like that but I still like her!" I rambled only making it worse.
       "Yeah, you like her. Ask her out, she likes you anyways, you can tell. And if she rejects it, she's just playing hard to get. Trust me she likes you." Josh say giggling.
     I sigh," I'm too scared. I don't want loose her as a friend."
      "You won't, I thought that with my girlfriend, but now look at us, 3 years into dating."
       "I never really, uh, hadagirlfriend." I say quickly looking down at my fingures.
       "Really?! I would expect you too, you pretty good looking." Josh says honestly.
       I blush, "I-I was home schooled my whole life. I really never had friends or anything. I had kids that would hang out once in a while but, they weren't really friends."
       "Well, good thing you have friends now, me and Jenna, and about to have a girlfriend" josh says pulling out his phone.
      "What are d-doing," I ask suspiciously.
     "Asking Jenna out for you, duh." He says smiling.
      "No-" I got cut off by Laura calling for Josh.
      "Joshua, it's time to go,"
     "Okay! Well, you'll probably have a girlfriend soon. I'll let you know what she says! Bye!" Josh say walking out the door.
      'Oh my god, why did I let that happen!'