Volume i - Chapter 1

Start from the beginning

Niall and I got up, grabbed our bags and headed outside. Just after I locked the door, he turned to me.

"Mate, I know you're excited, but please, try not to embarrass yourself this weekend, okay?" he said with a small smile and a raised eyebrow.

"Mate," I said, mimicking him. "I won't, trust me, okay? I'm good at hiding this. I've gotten really good..." I trailed off towards the end, kinda upset. I realised, for the billionth time, that he will never like me back.

I know, I know. I should be used to it by now, but I'm not. Every time I think of him, I get so happy. And then when I think too hard, I remember. He's straight. Then I get sad. Really sad. And Niall's always there to comfort me.

I'm sad now.

"C'mon, man. It will still be a good time, yeah? Let's go! C'mon, it'll all be okay!" he said, noticing the state I was working myself into. Niall always knew how to make me feel better. He's had practise.

Yes, this has happened before. Harry's a sad little child who mopes over his crush. Deal with it. Now, moving on.

We approached the car and I saw him. He was wearing a dark grey beanie and a black 'Killers' t-shirt with his aviator sunnies.

Fuck.

He looked gorgeous. Like, the 'to-die-for' kind of gorgeous. All of a sudden, my flannelette shirt and black skinnies left me feeling terribly inadequate. I looked so bad.

"Mate, you look fine. Now, get in the car and quit gawking!" Niall whispered in my ear and pushed me towards the vehicle. He knows.

He always knows.

--------------------------------------------------------

"Hey Harry! Sup little bro," Louis said cheerily as we climbed in the backseat. He fist bumped Niall and said something about their mum. I don't know what. I was too busy looking into his eyes.

"...how are we all?" I only caught the end of his sentence.

"I-I, uh, g-" I stammered. Shit. PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER!

Niall started laughing at me. "Yeah he's fine Lou, aren't ya buddy!" he paused to punch my shoulder and laugh some more. "How are you guys? Still getting cosy with my bro, Gem?" he managed to get out between laughs.

I had turned bright read and was staring out the window, trying to brush off the embarrassment, but at that moment I chose to look up.

"Shut up, twat!" Louis replied with a laugh.

"You know I am, little Lou." She said back to Niall, using his nickname before leaning over to kiss him quickly.

Of course they fucking have to kiss the same time I look up. Just my luck...

Niall saw my face drop and patted my leg, trying to cheer me up, but I just put my headphones in and stared out the window again, my excitement gone.

Niall and Louis struck up a conversation and Gemma turned around to look at me. She had this weird look in her eye, like she suspected something. I was going to need to get better at hiding.

As much as I wanted this trip to be some extravagant way for Louis to confess his love for me, I felt like it wouldn't be...

Sigh. The life of a fangirl... I MEANT MAN, FANMAN! Damn it!

2 hours later and we had arrived. Niall shook we awake from my comfortable position in the backseat. My legs across him and my head on the window.

"Harry, mate. We're here." He whispered sweetly. I just groaned and swatted his hand away.

A week of school is tiring, okay?

"Mate," he said more forcefully. "Do not make this a repeat of our year 9 camp..."

Shit.

My eyes snapped open. We most certainly did not want a repeat of that. No we did not.

In year 9, we went on a school camp. Niall and I were in the same cabin and one morning, he couldn't wake me up. So he got a glass of water and threw it at my face before ripping my covers off me.

I wasn't wearing any clothes.

And the gay rumours started.

And I lost all my friends except for Niall.

YAY year 9 camp!

I'm really hoping you can sense the sarcasm here.

Anyway, Niall woke me up successfully and we jumped out the car. Louis and Gemma were already setting up their tent so Niall and I got to setting up ours.

It took a while, but we did it.

Then I got a good look at where we were.

I wasn't really sure where it was, to be honest. It was quite literally the middle of nowhere. We were in some national park near the ocean. I knew because I could hear it. There were big, tall pine trees all around us and I couldn't see any other form of human life.

Great.

If we die out here, no one will ever find our bodies.

Perfect.

You should probably get better at sensing my sarcasm, it's going to come up a lot.