Chapter 18

Holly's point of view

I woke up the next morning to the feeling of Liam pressing his lips to the bare skin on my back, pulling me from my deep slumber as I smiled and opened my eyes to the dimly lit room.

"Good morning." He mumbled, laying down beside me with a smile.

"Morning." I said, not even trying to hide my smile as it grew. "What time is it?"

"It's a little after ten." His voice was thick with sleep, which I found extremely attractive. "We have a few hours until we have to be on the road."

"And what do you suggest we do with that time?" I purred softly as I moved so that I was straddling him.

He gripped my waist as he kissed me softly.

"I think you already know a few of the ideas I have in mind." He growled lowly.

I smiled and kissed him back softly before I climbed off of him, giggling as he reached for me and growled lowly.

"We should go out for breakfast." I said as I wrapped my bath robe around my body. "But first I'm going to take a shower. You are free to join if you'd like."

I slipped out of the room then, heading to the kitchen as I heard laughing from Trevor.

"Morning Mom." I said, leaning against the door frame as I crossed my arms across my chest.

"Morning honey." She said, sending me a smile over her shoulder before she turned back to Trevor and continued feeding him. "Did you have fun last night?"

I felt a blush coat my cheeks. "That is personal, Mom."

"I'm your mother, honey. I should know personal stuff about you." She teased.

The apartment door swung open and Michael strode through with a bag slung over his shoulder. "While you may need to know this stuff Mom, I'd prefer to continue on believing my sister is somewhat innocent."

I rolled my eyes. "Nice to see you too, big bro."

Kayla skipped into the apartment then, a smile on her face.

"Hey Kay Lay." I said with a smile in her direction.

"Hey Holly Jolly." She said in response with a cheeky smile. "You seem to be in a happy mood. Does this have something to do with Liam per say?" She wiggled her eyebrows suggestively.

I rolled my eyes again and waved her off, turning my back. "Liam and I are going to wash up before we have to get on the road."

I heard Kayla laugh and Daniella as well as she entered the apartment. I stepped into the bathroom in the hallway and was going to close the door when an arm shot out, slamming it shut for me.

I spun on my heel quickly, feeling my heart rate pick up in surprise before Liam's lips came down onto my own.

I purred softly as I brought my arms up to wrap around his neck, pulling him closer to me. His hands gripped my thighs as he lifted me to wrap my legs around his waist.

I felt him smile against my lips before he moved his lips to my neck. He pressed me against the bathroom door, his hands pulling off my robe achingly slowly and causing anticipation to bubble in my stomach.

"I love you." He just barely breathed against my skin, but resulting in goosebumps rising on my skin.

I felt my breath catch in my throat and I would've choked if I had been eating or drinking something.

Liam pulled away from me just barely, but enough to look at me with dark eyes.

"I love you too." My words came out without my consent, but I heard the truth ringing in them as Liam smiled widely at me, causing me to smile in return before he brought his lips down onto mine.

*

"This ride feels like it's never ending." I groaned as I climbed out of the car, stretching my limbs from the cramped up ride. "I feel like I havent slept in ages."

"We will be at the next apartment in a few hours. Then, we can rest for a few more weeks." Liam said, wrapping his arms around my waist as he placed his hands on my stomach, his lips at my neck. "We just need to keep people off of our trail for now. You know how it goes."

I giggled and turned in his arms, staring up at him. "I can't wait to have you as mine again tonight."

Liam smiled at me as he pulled my body flush against his. "I couldn't agree more."

I smiled as I wrapped my arms around his neck and stood onto my toes, pressing my lips to his.

"Hurry up and fill the tank so we can get back on the road!" The sound of Kaylas playful voice pulled me away from Liam, but he pressed his forehead to mine and chuckled.

"Ignore them." He mumbled before he pressed his lips to mine again.

"I intend to." I responded against his lips before he deepened the kiss, his tongue slipping into my mouth as he sent us both into a world of passion we were quickly ripped out of.

I heard a low familiar growl before I was roughly ripped away from Liam and thrown against the ground.

I whimpered as my head made painful contact with the concrete and I felt my elbow cry out in protest.

"What the fuck is wr-" Liam's voice died in his throat and I looked up in confusion, having to squint to focus on the figure in front of me, his back to me.

"You sleep with my mate and you think I'll take that easily?" The familiar voice of Jake growled. Liam stumbled as he was shoved roughly. "Stay the hell away from her."

Liam scoffed and Jake was pushed out of his way as he stared down at me, though the anger in his eyes was directed at Jake. Liam crouched down beside me and cupped my face in his palms.

"Don't let him near me." I mumbled to him as he brushed his thumb over my forehead. My vision was quickly blacking out, but I could feel the cut on the back of my head healing. "Please."

"He isn't going to touch you." Liam sent a look at Jake over his shoulder. "I promise. Now get some rest. You'll be fine when you wake up."

"Trevor." I muttered, even though I was already on the verge of sleep.

"He will be fine. Your Mom and I will never let anyone hurt him."

I smiled just before I fell into deep oblivion.