Chapter 15

Holly's Point of View

"No." I said, not even attempting to hide my shock

Jake smiled widely at me, but continued on his path as he crouched down on one knee beside me.

The restaurant went silent, though I heard a few whispers throughout the expensive place.

"Is this real?" I asked, bringing a hand to cover my mouth as I stared at Jake, my vision becoming blurry as my throat clogged with my tears.

Jake chuckled and took my right hand in his own as I shifted in my seat to look at him fully. His right hand held the ring that he had somehow 'dropped' and acted as if it wasn't his-I almost believed him.

"This is real." He responded, seeming somewhat nervous. He didn't continue with a long, five minute speech, but got straight to the point.

"You are the most beautiful and amazing woman I have ever met." He said, his smile widening as I felt my face heat up even more so than it already was. "I love you more than anything and I want you to be my wife before you even have our child. I want to be yours and I want you to be mine. Will you marry me, Holly?"

I nodded as a small 'yes' left my mouth, not even caring that every eye was on the two of us as Jake stood to his feet again.

He cupped my face in his hands as the restaraunt erupted into claps and cheers. Jake brought his lips down onto my own softly, yet passionately, before slipping the ring onto my finger.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and curled my fingers in his hair, pulling him closer to me. He lifted me from my seat and pulled my body flush against his, his lips moving against mine as he deepened the kiss.

I found myself smiling as he pulled away, both of us breathing heavily as he pressed his forehead to mine, a smile coming to his own features in response.

"I love you." I mumbled.

"I love you too." He said and pecked my lips once more before breaking away from me, allowing me to sit back down in the seat before sitting back down in his own seat.

He had brought me to an expensive restaurant, where we had talked about pointless things and ignored everyone around us.

And then he had dropped something and bent down to pick it up.

What he dropped was a diamond ring.

"Want to get out of here?" He asked with a small smile at me, his eyes flashing with desire.

I felt myself smile in response as I nodded at him, watching as his smile widened before he called for the check.

As soon as we had gotten home, Jake didn't hesitate to show me just how much he loved me.

But the next day, when I woke up happier than ever, reality had to ruin my happiness.

*

Sorry it's so short!