Chapter 7

Holly's Point of View

I hadn't been able to make it into the house before I was being slammed against a wall. I knew it was unintentionally, but I still whimpered as my sister stared at me with angry eyes.

"Why are you running from me?" Her voice came out low and hurt, and I saw the pain beneath her eyes.

I wanted to tell her that it was his fault, that I couldn't be near them without being in fear that he'd find me and kill them, but then I realized something important.

He was dead.

I felt the realization of the thought smack me in the face as I stared at my sister. "He's dead."

She frowned at me and stepped back, giving me my personal space.

"What?" She asked, her voice showing her confusion.

"He's gone." I said, my voice coming out stronger. I felt a smile tug at my lips as I stared at her. "I don't have to run anymore."

My twin looked taken aback, but she knew not to ask any questions at that moment.

"You're not going to run away again?" She asked slowly, cautiously as she shifted on her feet, her eyes doubtful.

I shook my head quickly. "I have no reason to."

At this, Leah's face broke out into a large smile and she tackled me into a hug.

I wrapped my arms tightly around my sister, feeling my eyes feel with tears and I let out a sob.

"How did you find me?" I asked as I pulled away, noticing she was full blown crying, but silent tears.

"Michael can't really stay off the charts for very long." She chuckled. "I heard he got pissed off when he went to a store and the guy said he couldn't use the restrooms unless he bought something, so he lost it."

I chuckled, remembering how Michael had tore the store up and fled before the cops had chance to arrive.

"Holly?" I heard a frown in Jakes voice as he made his way down the stairs. "I thought you left with the girls."

Leah looked at Jake and her jaw dropped, her eyes going wide as she took in my mates shirtless form. I looked at Jake as he froze, his eyes on Leah.

He turned his gaze to me and motioned to my sister. "Who is this?"

I rubbed my neck nervously, but felt glad that he could see the difference between Leah and I. "This is Leah, my twin sister. Leah, this is Jake, my mate."

Leah clamped her mouth shut instantly when I mentioned he was my mate and she put on her polite smile, offering her hand.

Jake came to stand beside me, shaking her hand carefully, and the hallway suddenly didn't seem so crowded as he wrapped his arms around my shoulders, pulling me into his side with a smile.

"You guys are scary alike." Jake mumbled, staring between Leah and I.

"How could you tell the difference?" I asked with a smile as I looked at him.

"Because you're my mate." He responded with a smile and pecked me softly on the lips as he turned to look at me. "I have every inch of you memorized."

I blushed, just as the front door slammed open for the second time since I'd been there. I looked up and caught the angry eyes of my brother.

He narrowed his eyes at me and I stepped away from Jake.

"You better not fucking run away from me again." He growled lowly as he walked up to me, his large arms encasing my body and causing all the breath to leave my body as he lifted me off of my feet, hugging me tightly.