Chapter 22

Holly's Point of View

"I almost thought you died!" Kayla sobbed as she threw herself into my arms, causing me to stumble and nearly fall back if it weren't for Liam who gripped my waist to steady me.

I laughed. "I wouldn't leave you guys without a goodbye."

Daniel smiled softly at me and gave me a light hug after Kayla pulled away from me, wiping away a few of her own tears.

"Well it's easy to assume the worst when you fall off of the earth for a week and no one knows where you've gone." Daniel said softly.

"I'm not leaving anytime soon." I said in response.

"Holly!" Daniella said as she threw herself at me next, sobbing as Kayla had been. "You scared the shit out of me!"

I laughed again. "I missed you too Danny."

Michael lifted me in his arms, crushing me to him after Daniella released me.

"I will personally kill you if you ever put me through that again." He breathed.

"It's not my fault you guys left before I was released from the hospital." I rolled my eyes. "It's your own fault for not telling Liam and I before you got back on the road."

Michael put me down. "Liam had a phone. He could've called to tell what was going on." A glare was sent to Liam, to which I slapped Michael roughly on the chest.

"Don't glare at him." I snapped. "None of this is his fault. Anyways, where are we headed and where is Mom and Trevor?"

"Mom and Trevor headed to Dave's place ahead of us. Mom couldn't wait long to see him so she drove a few hours after us when we stopped one night. We are headed to his place next." Michael explained and I nodded.

"How long?" I asked.

"About another day's drive if we want to rest through the night." Daniel said.

We talked for a few minutes more before everyone went to their hotel rooms.

I turned around to face Liam, as we were stood in the parking lot of the Wyndham Resort we'd be staying at for the night, considering everyone else had already been there for several days.

Liam had dark circles under his eyes and looked as if he was about to pass out, while I felt like I could run a marathon.

"I told you I could drive part of the trip." I frowned and cupped his face in my palms, pulling him so that he stood eye level with me. "You haven't slept in two days."

"I wanted to catch up with the group. That's the only way you would stay safe, is with them." He said, smiling tiredly at me. "And you were still recovering from using your powers that day with Jake at the diner. I didn't want you to push it."

"You're sweet." I said softly as he wrapped an arm around my waist, pulling my body flush against his.

"It's true." He breathed.

"I know." I smiled and pressed my lips softly to his.

Liam groaned softly and quickly deepened the kiss, his tongue trailing across my bottom lip, begging for entrance, which I gladly granted.

I found myself getting lost in the kiss as I wrapped my arms around his neck, tangling my fingers into his blonde, nearly brown, hair.

"I love you." He mumbled against my lips before trailing his lips down my jaw line, towards where Jake's mark had been, but was no longer as he'd marked Leah.

"I love you too." I breathed breathlessly as he turned us in order to press me against our car, lifting me in order to wrap my legs around his waist.

"I wanna mark you." He said, breaking his lips from mine as he looked at me with dark eyes.

"You need to rest." I said, even though the thought of him marking me appealed greatly to me. I hadn't been with him, intimately at least, since I had woken up in the hospital after the incident with Jake. "You've been driving for hours."

"I don't care." He muttered. "I love you and I want you to be mine."

I inhaled sharply just before his lips came down roughly, yet passionately, onto mine.

I groaned as I curled my fingers into his hair, pulling him closer to me, if that was even possible.

"Then make me yours." I breathed.

*

I had woken up near noon the next day and I left Liam to rest, considering he was exhausted as it was last night, before we had even mated.

I slipped on Liam's black long sleeved shirt and folded the sleeves so that I could see my hands. I made my way into the kitchen of the room we were staying in, which could be viewed as an actual apartment, considering the building we were staying at was expensive.

I began to make breakfast because I was happy and I wanted Liam to be happy when he woke up as well, even though a part of me knew he would be. He had worked himself hard the previous week and I wanted him to relax and not do much for the time we'd be there.

I proceeded to make pancakes, eggs and bacon.

The room phone rang while I was cooking and I answered it quickly.

"Liam and Holly's room." I said cheekily into the phone. "How may I help you?"

"Hey Hols." Daniella said from the opposite end of the phone. "We are going to leave in a few hours. Are you and Liam tagging along or are you going to leave tomorrow?"

"We will tag along. I don't think Liam wants to lose the group again." I responded.

"Okay. I'll tell the others." She paused. "Holly?"

"Yeah?" I asked with a slight frown as her tone turned to one of cautiousness.

"Did you and Liam mate?"

"Uh..." I trailed off stupidly, not sure how to answer.

Daniella laughed and I heard Kayla in the background screaming with glee.

"Go back to your man." I could hear the teasing tone in her voice. "Be ready by mid afternoon so we can leave."

"Kay. Bye." I didn't wait for a response as I hung up the phone.

I turned on my heel and let out a. scream at Liam's proximity, not even having noticed he had woken up, let alone come up behind me.

"Don't do that." I scolded, placing a hand over my racing heart as Liam chuckled.

He pecked my lips softly, causing me to smile at him before I moved away from him and went back to making breakfast.

Liam wrapped his arms around my waist, his hands resting on my stomach and his chin on my neck. "When did you get up?"

"About twenty minutes ago." I shrugged. "I wanted to let you sleep. It seemed like you weren't waking up any time soon."

Liam pressed his lips to the area where my neck and shoulder met, causing warmth to spread through my body at the simple action.

"You weren't next to me, so it was kind of difficult to sleep." He mumbled.

I smiled and turned off the stove as I finished cooking, before turning in his arms and staring up at him.

I pressed my lips softly to his, his hands resting on my waist as he pulled my body closer to his.

I smiled against his lips and wrapped my arms around his neck, curling my fingers into his hair.

"You are sweet." I mumbled against his lips.

"Only for the one I love." He breathed huskily.

I let out a giggle before breaking away from him, focusing on making our plates.

*

What do you think? Any ideas for future chapters? I'm running out of ideas...

Comments? Vote!

~Thanks for reading!