Chapter 26

ALISSYANNA POV

“Aren’t you gonna search me?” He asked, smiling that adorable smile of his. “I could have anything down my trousers.” Ok… now that was a little uncalled for!

“Or nothing.” Tauriel smiled back. She turned, winked at me, then started up the stairs. Legolas was questioning her about something I paid no attention to. I turned to Balin.

“How do you want me to bargain this?” He sighed and shook his head.

“Anyway you can lass.” I nodded and started down the hall towards Kili’s cell.

“Well, she told you.” I joked. He smiled and stood, leaning towards me.

“Who’s side are you on?” He joked back, pressing his lips to mine through the gap in the bars. I smiled and looked at him. He smiled, then his face fell emotionless, we were covered in shadow, I turned, three guards loomed over me.

“May I help you?”

“You are under arrest.” One spoke, the others slammed me against the bars. I winced.

“Have you any idea who I am?!” I barked back at them.

“Oh yes, yes we do.” Well damn then. They shackled my hands behind my back and shoved me forward, looked back at Kili, as we passed I saw Bilbo, no one else seemed to acknowledge him. He was standing in front of Thorin’s cell door.

“Well do something!” I snapped, he cocked his head again.

“Little hard when I’m in a cell.” Thorin retorted.

“Not you!” He looked confused. They opened the door to an empty cell. I put my foot up on the wall next to it to keep them from putting me in. They started to push on my other side, I put that foot onto the wall on the other side of the cell. The Third guard took out a baton and cracked it over both my shins. I yelped and dropped my legs, landing on my back and arms. I again hollered, they drug me and chained my hands to the wall behind me to keep be from going anywhere.

“Any last requests?”

“Yeah, I want to speak to that bastard you call your king, because if I recall, he is in transgression of the treaty between us and you pathetic excuses for beings!” They left.

“Did your bargain not go well?” Balin asked next to me.

“Didn’t get a chance.” I said back. I was stuck sitting on the ground, not being able to get up due to my hands being chained to the floor. Thorin was led away. An hour or two came and went. My legs were tingling, falling asleep. The guards passed by again. Thorin being drug between them. Well, no deal there either…great. They locked him in a cell then unlocked mine. I glared, trying to make myself as big as possible. They took off my shackles and set me on my feet, no binds? Hmmm, interesting… I was led to a room, not to the throne, again interesting.

“My lord will be in momentarily.” I stood for about ten minutes then the door opened. Thranduil closed the door behind him.

“Transgression of the treaty?” I said nothing. “You said that you needed to speak with me, what did you want to say, your highness.” Oh, so he wanted to play that game.

“Before I speak anything, I want either my father or all of my brothers present.”

“That will be a while, they are no longer on this earth, they passed the threshold into your world hours ago.” Sigh. Why me? “A company of thirteen dwarves, led by Thorin Oakensheild.” He said, turning to me. “I remember you had a taste for royalty. What happened to it?”