Chapter 15

THORIN POV

The black satin sheets laid lightly on her pale skin. On top of them was a thick fur blanket, white wolf fur. Her hair was brushed to one side making her look so much more peaceful. Her most recent scratches were healing, he was lucky, Kili, he really was.

“Ali.” I whispered, my voice seemed to echo in the room. The fire place was the only source of light. I stumbled and nearly fell catching myself on the bed. She stirred, rolling over on her back, pulling the blanket up under her right arm, letting the other stretch out beside her. I kicked my nephew’s boots out of the way. “Alissyanna!” I whispered again. Her face changed, it now looked frightened or in pain. I watched her for a second, not sure whether to call for help or just let her wake up. She tossed her head from side to side a few times, her breathing was quick, shallow, almost like she was running form something. Her neck twitched then her shoulder, she now gripped tightly to the sheet.  One of her knees bent, causing her to arch her back a little. I stepped closer, reaching for her arm. “Ali, wa…” She sat straight up, screaming a gut wrenching cry. I stepped away. The door burst open, Borim and Ulric leapt onto the bed, pinning her by her shoulders to the headboard. She thrashed, I guess I had never noticed how strong she really was.

“What’s going…” Kili stood in the door way. “…on.” He finished looking at Ali. The twins pushed past him, another man behind them. The twins each grabbed an arm, forcing her arms to be still. Ali dug her nails into their forearms. The new man was talking but I wasn’t listening. Kili stepped forward. Jay and Dok entered, Vivi stumbling in behind.

“Ali.” Jay stopped Vivi. Ali raised her head, tears streamed down her face, her knees were beside her on the bed, and both brothers had a handful of sheet, keeping her covered. She had her eyes squeezed shut, throwing her head side to side, screaming and writing in pain.

“RUN, HIDE, AWAY FROM ME!” She shrieked. Kili stepped closer but was stayed by the new man. It took Dok and Jay to keep Vivianetta from running to her friend. I stepped forward; I grabbed her around the waist and lifted her over my shoulder. Jayceeael took Kili’s wrist, Dok followed behind. All the girls were in the hallway, heads bowed. Their dresses were all too tight, and they all looked incredibly uncomfortable, not to mention that their leader was going just a little crazy in the next room. I set Vivi down and blocked her way to the door. She tried franticly to get to it, threatening everyone and their mother with their lives. I took her by the shoulders and pinned her to the wall.

“Vivi!” She stopped and looked at me. “I need you to stop this! You are her second hand! Your women are confused and need you, you have to knock this off and be strong for them, do you understand?” I said. She looked at me, then over my shoulder. She shook her head, tears welling up in her eyes.

“I can’t.” She breathed. The next thing I knew she was sobbing into my chest, her curly brown hair in my face. I took her in a hug and patted her head, partially to calm her down, partially to get her hair out of my mouth. The rest of my company had arrived.

“What was that?” Balin.

“Who screamed?” Nori.

“What happened?” Bombur.

“Where’s Ali?” Gloin.

“Was that her?” Dwalin.

“Why did someone scream?” Ori.

“Kili, what the hell is wrong with you? Why are you shaking?” Fili.

“Vivi? You alright?” We were bombarded by questions. Dok and Kandi tried to answer them as best as they could but it was clear they were struggling.

“Quiet!” Jay hollered. We all looked a little surprised. She was so small, how could she be so loud? Everyone was silent. Phoniay was sitting on the ground, holding Bilbo’s hand in hers. He stood next to her, looking at the double doors in front of us, concern written on his face. Kili was next to Jay and Fili, shaking violently. There was a long silence; we heard no voices from the room in front of us. Vivi was sitting on the floor, legs straight out in front of her, leaning on my legs, on armed wrapped around my calf.