Chapter 10

I dabbed at the deepest cut above my eye to get it to stop bleeding. When I looked up everyone was horrified, confused or just plain stunned. All of them except one, Kili looked amazed… did he not just see that?

“Well, not to be rude and pushy, but what the hell just happened?” Bilbo said. I smirked and looked up at him.

“Do you want to know from the beginning or do you just want from now?”

“Either way.” I smiled and stood up, I began pacing, it always calmed me down… well usually.

“My mother was an angel. She was a respected angel to, kind, smart, beautiful. She met my father during a bad time in her life. Her first husband was abusive, a drunk, just cruel. She met my father while hiding from her husband on the outskirts of the city. Now, my father was not like her, he was… much, much different. He is a demon. When they met he was happy with how he was, but the more and more they talked, the more he wanted to be like her, to be with her. They had gotten very close for a demon and an angel. Well, when her husband fell in battle he leapt at the chance to ask for her hand. She said yes and started the process of leading him to redemption. On the way there were four boys, my brothers. Ulric is the eldest; Borim is next, then the twins, Jarin and Sadeon. They were all happy and everything was fine, until they had me. It was me that set the boys off. When I was little I was playing with some of the kids from the neighborhood we lived in. One of them got mad and shoved me down. Borim broke his arms and legs. Slowly over time they started showing more and more signs of being demons like my father. When they got angry their eyes changed color. They had very short tempers, they were rowdy, they were violent when they were upset or frustrated, they were able to shape shift and then it hit the king. Demons were living in the kingdom, unchecked, unchained, and most importantly, with an angel. The king had fifty of his best men raid the house.

It was the middle of the night, my father fought hard, Ulric and Borim had killed about three when the fire started. Jarin and Sadeon drug me out of bed and out the window, forcing me to stay hidden in a bush. They attacked , the house was engulfed in flames, my mother and brothers made it out of the house, my father shortly after, they fought hard, just as it looked as we were going to win, it happened, the arrow. Right through her head, my mother was dead instantly. My father became enraged and my brothers as well he took up his spot as king of the demons, he burnt half the city to the ground, then he led an attack on the castle, killing the king’s wife and daughter. His only son, Arigin, took up throne, vowing to wipe out the rest of my father’s family. Arigin didn’t realize that he had a daughter.

I was raised on the streets as a fighter. They did cage fights where they would put prisoners in with warriors and they fought to the death, I was the champion of the ring, no one or thing could beat me. Arigin quickly took notice of this when I fought his best soldier and beheaded him, with my bare hands. He took me in off the streets and enlisted me in his army. I climbed the ranks faster than any other recorded angel. I was the perfect soldier. I was ruthless, took down anything in my way, and not just killed it, I slaughtered it. I was strong; the enemy had nothing on me. I was numb to any emotion other than hate and the anger. And the most important, I had blood lust.

Arigin began to like me more than his own daughter. She didn’t mind of course, she hated her father to, but she loved me, we were the best of friends. We fought together like twins, she knew my moves and I knew hers, we had each other’s backs. We were practically sisters. When I made rank of General, I put her right under me as Colonel. Vivianetta and I made history as the first female General and Colonel. No other woman joined the forces out of respect- well fear- of us. For four hundred years we dominated together as the only two women in the army of angels. Then one day, she was recruiting some young men when she noticed something odd about one of them, they were smaller and curvier than the rest, he was actually a she. Vivianetta decided to let her in, she was trained alongside the men, but she was kept close us, didn’t want anything happening to her. She gained the reputation of being the ‘Colonel’s Assistant’. She ran around and did little errands for us, but man could she fight. Jayceeael was at least as good as if not just a little under us in fighting.