~Chapter 2: New School, New People~

Edited! Previously known as Chapter 3: New School, New People

--------------------------

'"No, she can't be gone! She just can't be!" My eyes flew open and my heart hammered against my chest as if I was having a panic attack. Tears flew from my eyes as I remembered my dream. No, not a dream, a memory. It's like I'm living that horrible day repeatedly in my dreams.

After calming down a bit I glanced over at my phone which laid on my side table. I picked it up and looked at the time. Four fifty-two in the morning. I placed my phone back down and stared up at the ceiling. Ever since that accident that took my mother's life happened I've had that same dream. Every time I feel eaten up with guilt like my conscience is reminding me that it's all my fault and that I deserve the pain that's happening to me.

A few more minutes passed—okay more like fifteen minutes—before I got up and decided to go and take a shower. No point in wasting time in bed when I can get ready for the school day without being called names or being hit.

I rummaged around for a towel in one of the bags downstairs and grabbed the box of bathroom items. I headed back upstairs and placed everything in the bathroom before heading back to my own room to gather some clothes to take with me. No way was I walking in the house in only a towel.

As I looked through my box of things I pulled out a black sweater that said 'Don't Mess with Me' across the front and a pair of dark blue jeans. I'll get my shoes and socks after my shower.

I headed back to the bathroom and locked the door behind me. I took off all of the wet clothes I had worn to bed and let the warm water droplets hit my cold and achy skin. I shampooed my hair with a strawberry scent before I rinsed it all out leaving my hair clean. I was in there for about ten minutes before I hopped out, dried off, and got dressed in the sweater and blue jeans. I combed through my hair, so it wouldn't be tangled when I blow dried it.

Once I was done I left the bathroom and headed back to my room. I shut the door behind me and went in search through my box of stuff for my favorite shoes, my old black converse. Sure, they were worn but they were my favorite. I found a pair of socks and then I slipped everyone onto my feet.

I pulled out a handheld mirror from my box along with my hair drier. I plugged the hair drier up and combed through my hair as I dried it. When I was done I placed everything back in the box and searched for my bookbag.

I rummaged for my bag for about twenty minutes for I finally found it shoved towards the bottom. I pulled it out and noticed that under it was a picture frame. In the frame was a picture of mom and me when we went to the carnival when I was eight. I smiled at the picture before picking it up and placing it on the desk.

Spotting the small amount of makeup, I owned, I pulled it out and began to work on making my face presentable and to cover up any existing bruises that may have surfaced from previous beatings. Once I thought I was covered I snapped my makeup bag shut and shoved it into my bookbag just in case.

I grabbed my bag and my phone. I glanced at the time and saw that it said six thirty. Wow, didn't think I spent that long on myself in forever. I commented in astonishment. I shoved my phone in my back pocket before heading downstairs.

I knew my father and Mack would be awake soon, so I had started their breakfast. It was a rare occasion when I cooked for myself. Having a meal on a day like this is a good thing. Maybe something good would happen to me after the last few months of torture. Just maybe.

I had their breakfast done in thirty minutes. I grabbed myself a few bites of food from the bacon, eggs, and sausage piles I had left for them before I grabbed my bag and slung it on my shoulder. It was around seven now. I headed out of the house before Mack or my father could spot me. I really don't want to see them this morning and even though I'll see Mack at school, any time of peace I get from them is the best thing ever.