Chapter 3: Love at first sight

Bahubali enters the room," Mother,
you wanted to see me?"
Shivgami smiles at her son and says,"Yes, Baahu. I wanted you to go and tour the country. You only get to know your people's problem when you visit them and see whether everything's alright. Since you are going to be a King soon, you have to start doing your duty from now itself."

Bahubali smiles and agrees,"Yes mother, as you wish."
Shivgami suggests,"Take Kattapa along with you."
Bahubali looks at Kattapa standing beside him and says,"Why mother? I've been spending time with this old man for quiet a long time... I got bored with his stories."

Everyone chuckles at the statement

Everyone chuckles at the statement. Shivgami laughs and says,"Just few more days, my son. I'll find you a beautiful bride for you when you come back, who will tell you interesting stories. Okay?"
Bahubali smiles at her and bends down infront of her. She blesses him and wishes him all the luck.

Kattapa and Bahubali leave the Kingdom riding their horses. They visit various places. They were impressed how the people played justice. They visit markets and see whether the people were given fair goods or exploited.

They enter a beautiful hilly place, known as Kuntal. It had a large grassland, with beautiful flowers and long tress surrounding. They visit a farm there. Bahubali gets down from his horse to wash his face from the nearby river. He watches Kattapa get down and jokes,"You are growing old, Mama."
Kattapa arches his brow,"Oh those good old days, I was a great warrior!"
Bahubali finally compliments,"You still are Mama, no doubt in that."

Bahubali moves forward to take a handful amount of water to wash his face. He notices something in the water. Soon, a dead body comes up floating on the surface. Bahubali steps back out of shock. They both look around to see so many dead bodies floating on the surface.

Kattapa sighs and says,"Robbers. I've heard about this place before. They exploit people they come across and put their dead body in the river after killing them."
Bahubali tenses,"We need to do something about this!"
They both leave the farm and walk through the village.

They come across a crowd. A man was leading a group of men, followed by a litter lifted by few men. Bahubali and Kattapa reach there. Kattapa asks the man in lead where they were heading, he got no response. He whispers to himself,"Woah, look Baahu, look at that brave man."
But Bahubali wasn't in a mood of jokes. His eyes were on the litter. There was a lady sitting inside it. But the litter was covered with white curtains.

Soon many robbers come running towards the crowd. Kattapa tells Bahubali,"It's the robbers. And these people are here to catch them. Their soldiers are here undercover. We dont have to do anything."

Two robbers come running towards the lady sitting inside the litter. She immediately gets out of the other way. She had her sword in her hand. Bahubali tries to look at her face, but couldn't.

 Bahubali tries to look at her face, but couldn't

She suddenly turns to stab the man behind her. She fights many men around her. Bahubali couldn't take eyes off her. He looked into her eyes, he knew he fell in love. He was impressed by her fighting skills. He guessed she belonged to a small but royal kingdom. But all that mattered to Bahubali was, she was the most beautiful girl he's ever come across. No one has ever made him feel like that. Kattapa notices Bahubali staring at her, and laughs.

 Kattapa notices Bahubali staring at her, and laughs

Kattapa searches for the man who was in lead. He couldn't see him until he saw the man hiding above a gazebo. He was trembling with fear, which made Kattapa laugh. The man screams,"Soldiers! You both go to the left, and you both go to the right! And the ten of you stand near me!"
Kattapa couldn't help but laugh and whispers to himself,"Such a coward"

Bahubali and Kattapa notice something behind the bushes. They walk into the forest to see a bunch of robbers hiding. They immediately get up with their weapons. Meanwhile Bahubali and Kattapa only had one axe with them.