Chapter 2: Paralysed mentality

Bhijaladev was drunk and angry,"I hate her so much. My son, you...you won the battle. Yet he will be the King! Sometimes I feel like... killing her!"
The pandit and few other men were shocked to hear it. They were scared of Bhalal's reaction.

Bhijaladev walks towards Bhalal and continues,"Don't you ever feel like that Bhalal? When she accepted Bahubali as her son and decided to share her love with both of you, at that moment itself, I wanted to choke her and kill her!"

Bhalal walks towards his father and gently says,"This is not you, father. This is your alcohol speaking." Bhalal takes the glass from his hand and keeps it on the table.

Kattapa enters the room as Bhalal sits back at his place. Bhijaladev takes back his glass and says loudly,"Here comes your mother's pet dog!" Everyone chuckles. He looks at Kattapa and says,"What is it? Bark!"

Kattapa smiles at him and says,"Bahubali's crowning ceremony will be held on the day of Vijaydashami, which is a very auspicious day. Queen mother Shivgami insisted to give the news to you first."

Bhijaladev became furious, he throws his glass, spilling the wine all over the ground.
His eyes filled with rage, he says,"Years ago, my throne was given to my younger brother. And now, my son's throne is given to the same brother's son. What kind of justice is this? Will me, my son and our future sons will be slaves to them forever?"

"I know why this is happening.", says Bhijaladev as he removes his scarf, exposing his paralysed hand. He continues,"It's because my left hand is paralysed, isn't it? So what if my left hand is paralysed? My right hand... my right hand is no less than iron!" Bhijaladev hits his hand hard on the pillar beside him to prove his point. He breaks a part of the pillar, leaving everyone speechless.

Kattapa breaks the silence,"The reason for you not sitting on that throne is not your paralysed hand, my lord. It's your paralysed mentality."
Bhijaladev's eyes fills with anger. The men present there come forward waiting for Bhijaladev's command.
Bhijaladev angrily says,"What did you say, you little dog? Do you know, if anyone who talks to me like that... I can cut his tongue right away?

Kattapa boldly says,"The one who wishes the death of his own wife..... if his mentality isn't corrupted, then what is?"
Bhijaladev steps back out of shock and says in a low voice,"You were listening?"
Kattapa shakes his head,"No. Im a dog. I smelled it."
Kattapa leaves the room leaving everyone speechless.

*********

"This lady is from Pangatpuram. She is called the most beautiful women. She is perfect for Bahubali!", says one of the advisors showing Shivgami a painting of a lady.
Shivgami shakes her head and says,"There's no shine in her eyes. Not good for Bahubali. My baahu deserves better." She keeps the painting of the lady aside along with the rest of the paintings she rejected.

She walks towards her seat. She turns around and says,"Remember one thing Advisor. You are not only finding a bride for Bahubali, but also a queen for this Mahismati Kingdom. There shouldn't be anything for people to point out. She should be perfect. Understand?"
Advisor nods and leaves the room.