Chapter 69

The paintballing activity leader was explaining all the rules, as a large group of people crowded around him to listen in and start shooting people already. They were at the edge of the forest, with some boundaries to where they could go, but this would be where the paintballing games would take place.

"I'm so excited!" Jungkook said excitedly to Hyunsoo.

Hyunsoo couldn't let herself admit so easily that she was looking forward to the games, since the only reason she and Jungkook were there was because of Jinyoung and Sohee.

It wasn't long before the whole group was split into two teams – green and blue – and everyone was taking positions to hear the whistle blow and start shooting the other team. Hyunsoo had completely lost track of Sohee and Jinyoung, and due to the similar suits and helmets, she didn't even know how to look for them until after the game. By the look of Jungkook's constant spinning around and looking in every direction, he had probably lost sight of them as well.

The whistle blew and the game started.

Straightaway, Hyunsoo felt a painful blow on her thigh. "Ouch!"

Jungkook spun around after hearing Hyunsoo yell. "Hyunsoo!" he ran towards her.

More shots fired their direction, hitting them on their bum and legs.

Jungkook screamed a few colourful words. "Hyunsoo! Take cover! Hurry, towards that tree!"

Together and holding hands, they ran towards the fattest tree Hyunsoo had ever seen. They hid behind it and looked around, holding their own paintball guns, though there were only a limited number of balls in there.

Jungkook looked out and started shooting someone. There was a yell of pain and a yell of triumph at the same time (you can guess which one was which).

"I got them!" he said happily to Hyunsoo.

Hyunsoo was nodding, but at that exact moment someone came up behind Jungkook and tapped him on the shoulder. Jungkook turned around looking frightened at the fact that this person is either Jinyoung, Sohee or someone who will shoot him at this short distance. Luckily, it was neither. Unluckily, that person declared a war with Jungkook. They shook hands; Hyunsoo gulped.

Five minutes later, Hyunsoo was running for her life, while Jungkook was running behind her trying to protect them both from the paint balls zooming their direction. There were two other guys chasing them, they were the ones shooting the balls.

One of the paint balls struck Hyunsoo on her back. "AAAHHH!" she screamed.

"Careful!" Jungkook yelled.

"Jungkook, let's hide there!" Hyunsoo shouted, pointing towards another fat tree.

Suddenly the two behind them stopped running. Jungkook noticed first and stopped, catching his breath. Hyunsoo ducked just in case and then walked closer to Jungkook. The two guys were jogging towards them now.

"What happened? Did the whistle blow for the end?" Hyunsoo asked, shaking.

This game was more torture less fun. How did people survive these activities?

"No," Jungkook shook his head, "Let's just see what they have to say. I just hope it's not Jinyoung and Sohee."

Hyunsoo agreed. The two guys had reached them now and beckoned them to the side so they don't get shot anywhere by the paint balls.

"Jungkook?" one of them said.

Hyunsoo and Jungkook looked at each other, alarmed.

"Uh, do I know you?" Jungkook asked.

"And it's that girl he hated!" the other one side.

Now they were confused. What was going on? Who were they?

That was answered only a moment later, when the two guys removed their helmets.

"Yoongi???" Jungkook stared, and turning to the other, "Jin????"

Everyone's face broke into a smile, as they all group hugged.

"So, you guys are together now," Yoongi said smiling like an angel.

"I knew it," Jin mumbled, and smiled brightly, not realising everyone heard that.

For a long while, they talked and caught up on whatever there was to catch up on. Then the whistle blew and they quickly put their helmets and started walking back to find their group.

When they reached the camp just outside the forest, everyone started taking their helmets off except Jungkook and Hyunsoo. They hid around a corner before taking the helmets off and looked around at their crowd looking for... they spotted them only a yard away: Jinyoung and Sohee.

Jinyoung was speaking animatedly to Sohee, who in return was smiling more brightly than when they first met.

Hyunsoo and Jungkook looked at each other and high fived.

"Can I join?" Jin said, popping out of nowhere.

Yoongi was right behind him. They all laughed and high fived, even if Jin and Yoongi had no idea what was happening.

The weekend flew by and so did the lessons on Monday. Soon it was the end of the school day and Hyunsoo was sitting in her homeroom class desk, watching Sohee look from Jungkook to Jinyoung... from Jinyoung to Jungkook... and over again. Jungkook wasn't paying attention to anyone except Hoseok (telling him how amazing paintballing was), so he hadn't realised what was happening. Jinyoung definitely noticed, but he wasn't showing it. He had even realised that she was set up with him that Saturday.

As Jungkook finished his conversation with Hoseok, he walked back passing by Sohee's seat.

"Hey," he said smiling, and walked past to sit down on his desk to talk other people.

Sohee smiled back but didn't move or do anything, as she would have usually done. She looked as if she was contemplating something.

"Hi," said another voice.

Sohee looked up and smiled at the face. It was Jinyoung. He had walked over after noticing how she didn't move at Jungkook's greeting.

"Hey Jinyoung," Sohee replied.

This whole moment in the homeroom classroom made everything clear to Hyunsoo. Sohee had developed feelings for Jinyoung, but she still liked Jungkook. She was confused about who she really likes now. Hyunsoo understood that feeling only too well. It wasn't so long ago when she herself was stuck between choosing two guys...

______________

Just so everyone knows, next chapter is the last chapter so thank you to everyone who has read all my chapters and enjoyed the story. Your support kept me going :)