Chapter 40

It was exactly 6 pm when Jinyoung came. He stood at the front door making small talk with Hyunsoo's mum, before Hyunsoo came down to stand next to Jinyoung.

"Have fun then," Hyunsoo's mum said smiling.

They waved goodbye and started walking down the street, going the opposite side from where Hyunsoo usually walked to get the bus.

"I rate you 10 out of 10," Jinyoung suddenly said.

Hyunsoo looked at him in surprise. "What for?"

They turned into a busier street, leading to high street shops.

"Don't you remember?" Jinyoung said, "I told you I would rate you." He started laughing.

Hyunsoo suddenly remembered trying to ask him what she should wear. It was somehow embarrassing thinking back on this, but still, she laughed along.

"Where are we going then? Will you say now?" she asked.

"You'll see." Jinyoung was smiling.

It didn't take long for them to reach a cool and funky looking restaurant. There were seats available outside, but that was mostly kept for summer or special occasions. Hyunsoo and Jinyoung walked in and found themselves face to face with a huge fish tank. It would have been normal, if it weren't for the mini shark looking fishes in the tank.

"Wow!" they said at the same time, then looked at each other and grinned.

A waiter came and seated them next to the window, leaving them with menus.

"This is so cool!" Hyunsoo exclaimed, looking around the place.

"I know, I've only been here once before and thought it was worth bringing you here."

Hyunsoo smiled shyly and looked down at her menu. It was quite affordable for students as well. There were mainly meat dishes, so in the end Hyunsoo ate lamb chops with sauce and salad as a side. Jinyoung had a mix of different meats and sauce. The ate while talking about themselves. They talked about anything that popped up in the conversation. They didn't try too hard, but put effort in making the other person feel happier – which Hyunsoo certainly felt.

"I'm so full..." Hyunsoo said, finally putting down her fork and sitting back. She looked out the window briefly, before looking at Jinyoung, who was looking at Hyunsoo smiling. "What?"

"Nothing," he said shaking his head, "Shall we pay and leave then? I have more places to take you to."

Hyunsoo instantly grinned. "Of course!" It was going so well, Hyunsoo thought, and she was actually enjoying herself, not feeling so nervous as she thought she would be.

It turned out, Jinyoung wanted to take Hyunsoo to try go carting, which is something she and Jimin had mentioned many times together to try. She was going to try it for the first time with Jinyoung now.

"It's not so busy here, because most people come during the day. I think it's a bit more expensive though, but I guess it's worth it," Jinyoung was saying, as he led her to the entrance.

"We should split the price, or shall I pay this time? I work, and you paid dinner..."

"No, it's all on me," Jinyoung said smiling at Hyunsoo, "I want to."

Soon, Jinyoung and Hyunsoo were zooming around the track in their carts, racing each other to the end. The date was more like a fun day out, but that was okay, because Hyunsoo loved it like this. She felt like she belonged here with him. This feeling was one of the factors that helped her decide...

"Hyunsoo!" Jinyoung was yelling from her right side.

"Yeah!" she yelled back.

Their carts were side to side to each other. It was the best feeling, having the cold crisp wind blow through your hair, as you raced as fast as you wanted on the track.

"What do you think then? How is everything going?"

Hyunsoo thought for a second, staring straight ahead. She knew exactly what he meant... and she knew exactly what was on the tip of her tongue. She just wasn't sure whether she should go with her feeling.

They were reaching the finishing line then. Jinyoung was showing no sign of slowing down though, while Hyunsoo was.

"Jinyoung!" Hyunsoo shouted, watching him overtake her.

They stopped a bit further from the finishing line; Jinyoung won. He was getting out of the cart and walking back to Hyunsoo, with a broad grin on his face.

"You were saying?" he said, bending down to help Hyunsoo out.

"Yes," Hyunsoo said, as she got out and stood facing Jinyoung, who looked at her confused, "I enjoyed being with you, and... I want it to stay like this."

Upon hearing this, Jinyoung's expression turned from shock to surprise to happiness. All the while, Hyunsoo was beaming at Jinyoung. Her heart was beating really fast, and so she thought, she really likes Jinyoung.

Later that night, Hyunsoo was sitting on her bed thinking about her date with Jinyoung, when she saw lights flick on from the house across her. She wasn't sure why, but something made her get up and check, so she walked to her window and looked out. Jungkook was staring back at her from his window. He had a balcony outside, where he was standing. For a moment, they stared at each other, not breaking their gazes. And then, Jungkook went back inside.

I'm thinking about Jinyoung, that's why my heart is beating fast.

"Hyunsoo!"

"Yeah?"

She was rushing around in her room, trying to get everything together to pack her bag. She had woken up late, leaving her only half an hour to get ready to catch the bus.

"Someone is waiting for you at the door!" her mum said.

It was probably Jimin. She took her backpack and coat, and then went down the stairs quickly, only to find Jinyoung waiting for her instead.

"Oh," she said, thoughts of Jimin leaving her brain, "Jinyoung!"

"How was your night?"

"Great," she replied, waving goodbye to her mum and shutting the door behind her. "Yours?"

"Boring, after I left you."

They started walking to the bus stop, and Jinyoung took Hyunsoo's hand entwining his fingers with hers.

---

hey gandias,

the internet connection was very bad so this was a bit later but hope you like this :)